Chapter One

It had been two weeks since the first day of school and I was started to get back into the habit finally. My sleep schedule wasn't so messed up anymore, finally. School had been pretty good these couple of weeks. Michael and I had two classes and lunch together. Plus we even had a project in Anthropology. So Michael and I paired up with Calum and Ashton. It was lot of fun, laughs, and work. Though, I hate to go to my locker sometimes though. Girls would be leaning up against it as they flirted with Luke. He would just flirt back. Even my second to last class I had with Luke. So finally I was on to my last class and favorite class, English.

We had been doing some creative writing, which had always been a passion of mine. Class ended and I packed up my stuff and turned what I needed to in. It was Friday and my parents were going to a dinner party. So Michael and I were going to watch movies and eat pizza. I was almost out the door when my teacher spoke, "Oh, Miss Isaacs. Could you come here for a second?"

"Sure," I turned and walked back to her desk. "What did you need?" I cocked my head to the side.

She ways sat looking up at me, "I have a student that is in my English 102 class and as you know we do a lot of writing."

I nodded, I was in that class last year. I had enjoyed it a lot. Michael always called me a nerd for being so into that class.

She went on, "Well you were my best student in that class. I was wondering if you could help me with tutoring a student? I've tried but they say they don't understand my methods. I would give you extra credit on your own papers if they make anything above an 80."

I thought for a moment, "I think that I could do that."

"Great, he should be coming in here soon. He probably went to his locker." She stood up.

"Alright," I said. I heard the door open, I turned to look at none other than Luke Hemmings. He stopped in his tracks staring back at me.

"Ah, Mr. Hemmings," my teacher spoke. This will be your new tutor, Miss. Isaacs. You two can figure out a schedule." She said and left the room.

"Hey, uh. Thanks for doing this," Luke spoke up after a minute of silence.

I blinked at him, "Sure. I'm available whenever, really."

"Alright," he said. "I have some sports practices and stuff but I'm sure we can figure something."

"When is your next paper due?" I asked

He thought for a second, "Wednesday."

"Well, maybe we can get together this weekend?" I asked

"I'm not busy on Saturday," he said. Seemed surprising, Mr. Popular free on Saturday.

I started walking to the door to my locker. It happened to be right across the hall, Luke followed. "I am too," I'm sure Michael will be over but he wouldn't bother us, much.

"Great," he smiled. "I'll text you," he said. I had grabbed my stuff, both of us heading to the parking lot.

"Okay, uh. My number is-" Luke interrupted me, "Is it still the same number as before?" I looked over at him, "Well, yea."

We reached his car, "Then I have it." He hurried and went to his car opening the door and throwing his bag in. "Thanks again. Text you tonight." He smiled and got into his car.

I forced myself to keep walking. It wasn't fair that he could still make me feel this way. I had deleted his number, I still remember it but, why didn't he do the same? Did he think he would need it? Did he ever almost use it?

I got to the car, seeing Michael inside. I hopped in and he turned the music down. Nice to see finally see you," he joked. I didn't laugh though. He started to drive home. "Well how was the rest of your day?" I just shrugged, I didn't want to talk. "Alright Danny Torrance, are you going to start talking through your finger or something?" I chuckled, but tried to hide it. We always made The Shining references to each other. "Redrum, Redrum," he moved his finger up and down.

We pulled up to my house and got out of the car. We walked into the house and I saw my mom was home. I walked inside with Michael, "Mom?" "In the office!" heard her yell. Michael and I walked to the office and stood in the door way. She got up from the computer and pulled both Michael and I into hug. I hugged her back and she backed up. "You and dad still going to the party," I asked. She nodded, "Yes ma'am. How was yawl's day?"

"It was pretty good, except something happened and Gwen won't tell me." I nudged Michael. "Ouch. See Mom, she really cut up about it." He smirked.

"Gwendolyn, what's wrong?" she asked.

I huffed, better just say it. "I have to tutor someone for my English teacher." Michael and my mother nodded waiting for more. I went on, "That someone happens to be Luke Hemmings." They both stared at me until Michael laughed and my mom pinched him.

"Ouch, you Isaacs women." He giggled.

"I'm just going to help him and it will be fine."

"Sure sweetie," my mom said with a reassuring smile.

"Anyway, why are you home early?" I asked.

"Oh, I had a client cancel. So I came home, I was tired anyway." My mom ways a therapist. Sometimes I liked that I could go to her for advice but sometimes I just felt I was another one of her clients.

"Well," I grabbed Michael. "We're gonna go change."

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was about 8:30 and Michael and I were just finishing up the pizza we got. My parents had left about forty minutes ago. I was expecting them back late. We were on the couch watching, Better Off Dead. I was about to grab my Sprite when my phone buzzed, I recognized the number. I opened my phone up to see Luke's text, Hey Gwen, I was wondering when a good time to come over tomorrow would be?

I sent back, Any time after 11:00. Then I saved his number quickly.

"Is that Lukey?" Michael asked.

I looked over to him, "It sure is Mikey." My phone buzzed and he texted, Great, I'll see you at 11:45

See you then, I texted. I was not looking forward to this. I didn't want to just fall for Luke the popular kid, like everyone else. I knew that what happened in the past would be forgiven if he just gave me the word. I hated myself for that, but it was true. I just can't let him see that.

"See you then," Michael said in his impression of me. I saw him looking at my phone that was still on. I punched his arm. "Shut up!" I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ouch!" he yelled and fell off the couch.

I grabbed my phone to turn it off when I saw one more text from Luke, :)

It was a simple smiley face but it hit me like a ton of bricks. "Shit," I mumbled to myself. This was going to be a challenge.

_________________________________________________________________________

Michael calling Gwen's mother: Mom. So sweet, I love Gwen and Michael's reationship.

I want a Michael.

Laters