Chapter Eighteen

When I awoke I heard singing in my shower and I knew exactly who it was. I jumped up hearing Michael sing, Everlong by the Foo Fighters. I pressed my ear against the door tears welling in my eyes. Man, I missed my best friend and it had only been one day. The shower turned off and he started humming the song while the glass door opened on the shower. 

"Gwen, I can hear you breathing."

I slapped my hand over my mouth. 

"I'll meet you in your room in three minutes. Okay?"

"Okay," I whispered. I went and sat on my bed, the three minutes feeling like three hours. Michael knocked on the door and then walked in, "Hey, Gweny."

"Mikey," I choked on a sob. "Mikey, i'm so so sorry."

"Gwen, it's okay." Michael smiled, walking over and sitting next to me.

"Michael, no it's not. It's not okay, I hate myself for what i've done to you. You should hate me, I was so rude to you."

"Gwen, you were angry and you barely ever show your true anger. I know you love my and all you said was true. I glad to have moved here and that your family is practically my real family and I know you love that too. Gwen you're my best friend and my sister, it will take so much more for you to actually get rid of me." He pulled me into his arms and let me cry. "It's okay, shh."

"Michael, you're the best friend i've ever had. I love Luke, but you're my best friend. I've had so many moments with you and you're one of the best things thats ever happened to me. Mikey, i'd take a bullet for you any given day."

"Same to you," he kissed my head.

"I was angry that's why I said those things. I didn't mean them, I just wanted to hurt you like you and Luke had hurt me. I felt like I didn't matter to you. I know that isn't the case, I was just being stupid."

"Stop, Gwen. I love you and we're okay."

"I love you too, I really do Mikey." I held onto him tighter as my tears finished spilling. "Will you lay with me like usual?"

"Duhh, come on." He pulled me to lay down and pulled me on top of him. I laughed and held onto him even tighter, "I've missed you."

"Gwen, it's been a day." he chuckled.

"Exactly,"I huffed. 

We layed in silence for about twenty minutes, "When are you going to talk to Luke?"

I exhaled loudly, "How about never, this was scary enough."

"Yes and it helped because we're okay now."

"You're right, I know. You're usually right."

"What do you mean, usually?" He said.

I chuckled, "Cause then i'm right the rest of the time."

"Oh right," Michael smiles and kissed my head. "Let's watch something that we haven't seen in forever."

"Can we watch Skins, I need to see someones life who's more messed up then mine."

Michael chuckled, "Good idea. What episode?"

"Anyone that has Cook in it," I smiled.

"Oh of course, I never understood why you liked him so much. I figured you for more of a Freddie kind of girl."

I got up to grab my laptop and came back to the bed, "I was at first but then I saw how misunderstood Cook was and I fell for him. Plus Jack O'Connell is a great actor and he's so attractive." 

"Okay, well as long as I get to look at Effy i'm good." Michael stated. 

I smiled and found an episode on episode on Netflix. I leaned on Michael as the tile sequence started, it was great to have my best friend back. Now it was time to get my boyfriend back.

__________________________________________________

I'm finally on break! So now I will have more time to write. Thank you for still reading, love you guys! 

So excited for Christmas!