Living a Life as Voldemort's Daughter

I came downstairs after a long sleep and a strange dream. "Honey," my mom said. "I have great news!" She actually sounded excited. I havn't ever seen my mom this happy. I was waiting for her to tell me what was going on when she threw me today's edition of the Daily Prophet. Seeing the head title and largest picture, I said,"Mother, I already told you. I never wanted to hear about Harry Potter." "Read the article," my mom ordered to me. I skimmed it but one sentence caught me in particular. "Harry Potter, the boy who lived was at the Ministry of Magic last night. He claimed to have been lured there from Voldemort to save his wanted godfather, Sirius Black. It was a trick and the Death Eaters that appeared were trying to retrieve the prophecy told shortly before Potter's birth. He escaped to the main level before encountering Voldemort. Dumbledore appeared and saved Harry from what could have been the end of the Boy Who Lived. Ministry security, along with the Minister himself, appeared moments before Voldemort left and confirmed that he was alive. Go to page 11 for details."

I barely needed to glance at the picture before knowing it was Potter and Dumbledore walking out of the Ministry. Rita Skeeter always picks out the most dramatic photos. Mom says it makes people want to read her columns, but I just want to throw up. Most of her stories are about Potter anyways.

I remembered what I was reading and slowly glanced up at my mom, smiling. She smiles back at me as she said, "He's back." I couldn't hold back from my excitement. I would finally meet the man my mom fell in love with, my father.

Let me start from the beginning. My mom and my dad met 17 years ago. They fell in love and one thing led to another. After nine months, my mom had me, Sarah Riddle. I was only around for a couple months before my dad had to go try to save his own life. I never really got to know him. Anyway, I grew up only with my mom. I asked about my dad to my mom many times. She always responded, "When you go to school and meet a boy named Harry Potter, blame him." She would go up to her room after that and cry for hours. It made me sad to know she was sad, but as a child, I would get bored and drop the subject as quickly as it came. Usually, during these hours, I would play on my toy broom with the fake snitch my mother got me for Christmas one year. She always took family holidays to her heart because we didn't have much of a family; it was only me and her.

Then, I got my letter. It was addressed to Sarah Dirdel. Since I was 5, my mother wanted to hide the fact that I was Voldemort's child and she was his wife. She easily mixed up the letters as my father did (Tom Marvolo Riddle and I Am Lord Voldemort). When the time came, I went to King's Cross and on to platform 9 3/4. I was surprised when the sorting hat knew I was Voldemort's daughter but it reminded me that he can see into your mind. I was obviously sorted into Slytherin. When a boy with messy black hair and broken glasses went up, I knew what my mom meant when she said to blame him. He had the scar that she was always talking about and was sorted into (gag) Gryffindor. The year went by quickly. Snape was by far my favorite teacher. I was average in most classes.

When Harry said that Voldemort was really inside Professor Quirrel's head, I was disappointed that I was so close to my father but I didn't know it. I grew friends with Draco Malfoy and told him who I was halfway through the year. We made the Unbreakable Vow so he wouldn't tell anyone. I was expecting him to freak out, but in reality, he was just telling me how cool that was. We spent the whole year together(along with Goyle, Crabbe and Pansy occasionally) and trashed about Harry Potter. I wasn't very surprised when we got home and the Malfoy's let me and my mother stay in their manor. Our main living area was the 5th floor. There was a living room and two bedrooms for each of us. Mother explained to the rest of the Malfoy's how we were related to Voldemort. They were a little creeped but they continued to let us stay with them.

A/N: Helllloooooo!!!! This is my first story so I hope you like it. In sorry I crammed all of the first year details in. It would just make the story more understandable. Ok so feel free to make a cover for me because I have no idea what to use. And again this isn't an exciting chapter because of the never ending beginning details. Comment if I missed anything important. VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!