The Announcement

A/N: You people are just sad. I am uploading this at 10 votes. I know there are some more readers out there. And because I need more publicity... THERE'S A CONTEST!!! Find out more at the end note. Love you!

Sarah's POV:

I woke up to the sound of commotion. What was this all about? It's a Saturday. There's no classes.

I turned and saw Pansy just waking up. "What's going on?" I asked. "I don't know. Some announcement that the Head of Houses are making to the students. I know nothing about it," she replied. I just nodded an made myself decent.

Pansy has changed since her snotty years. I think she finally reached maturity, and not in the totally awkward way. She was less bratty, obnoxious, pug-faced, pouty, smelly, and jealous. She finally realized that Draco wasn't with her. Of course, I would choose Hannah over her any day though.

I walked up the few steps leading to the common room. Slytherins were lounging on any part of the couchs possible. The unlucky ones were forced to stand or sit on the floor. We have never all been in here at the same time.

The prefects were yelling at us to shut up and not stand in the middle of the room(directed more towards me). I looked around for an open square foot of space when I saw Draco and his group of friends waving me over. There wasn't any place to sit on on the actual couch, so I sat on Draco's lap, hoping I wasn't too heavy, but my inside worries stayed hidden and I planted a smooch on Draco's lucious lips.

The room was instantly silenced as Proffesor Snape walked in. He looked annoyed as he spoke.

"Everyone remembers the Triwizard Tournament. The Yule Ball was a favorite of the teachers and they decided to bring it back to try something new. The event will be held on the First of November at 6 sharp. No further questions? Good. Dress appropriatly."

He breezed out of the room and the talking started again. "Will it be the same theme?" "What should I wear?" "Should I ask Blaise?" These were some of the excited reactions of the single and naive girls. Please. A dance isn't a big deal when you have a perfect boyfriend for an automatic date and Lord Voldemort as your father. I can get almost anything from him.

Of course, I needed a dress. This was probably just a last minute decision, so they didn't enclude dress robes in the school suplies list. And who else to shop with than Hannah!

In the common room, when everyone dispersed, Draco told me and Hannah that it was time. Hannah, who was previously laughing, had a smile wiped right off of her face.

Draco started to walk towards the door, but turned. He saw we weren't coming so he signaled for us to follow him. "We'll be right there," I told him. He shrugged and exited the common room.

I turned to Hannah. "You don't have to go if ou don't want to," I told her. She looked up at me with thanks in her eyes. "Maybe I can spend this time trying to befriend Seamus," she told me with a slight smile. "There you go. See you later?" I asked. "Yep."

I jogged to catch up with Draco. "Where's Hannah?" he asked. "Oh, she had a headache. Didn't feel the needt o go to the hospital wing," I replied, hoping he wouldn't see through my lie.

He shrugged off the conversation. "Do you know where the Room of Requirement is? I still haven't figured it out yet," he asked. "Yea, it's up on the seventh floor corridor. You know, by that one painting."

"What painting?" he asked.

"You know, the one by the Room of Requirement?"

"No. I do not know. Where is the Room of Requirement?" he asked, now annoyed.