The Battle at the Department of Mysteries

• Dedicated to Pat Mac

Sarah's POV:

Lucius sat there with his hand held out for about five minutes. Everyone just stood there, still somewhat surprised. It wasn't until Malfoy shifted his weight to the other foot awkwardly that we realised we weren't in a time lapse. "I will never," Potter said too slowly and full of courage. "I didn't think so, so I brought help." Black swirls engulfed us and rose before hitting the ground. When the room cleared, we were surrounded by Death Eaters.

Stunning spells shot out from the Gryffindors and Ravenclaw. I stood there shooting at a random Death Eater saying "Stupefy" in a bored tone. Eventually, Potter saw an opening to run, and yelled at us to. I skipped at a happy pace before glaring back to Lucius giving him a threatening "don't let them hurt me" look. He barked out orders and I quickly caught up with the runaways.

We ran in a circle back to the round room with the doors. We opened one and came to the room with the veil again. We were safe for a while, until Death Eaters swarmed in and each one grabbed us with a wand at our necks, except for Harry, who was left off-center in the room. Lucius approached him and I hope he got my look earlier because I really didn't feel like trying today. I just wanted to curl up in my bed under the lake...

I was dreaming about dreaming when I heard glass shatter. At Potter's feet, was millions of pieces of glass which was once the crystal ball. Poo for team bad guys.

Lucius supposedly threatened Harry with his "friends" lives before the ball was smashed. Oh well. What are you gonna do?

The door burst open and the Order of Phoenix came storming in. Darn. Now I have to try. Duels broke out and I fired heartless spells at the Death Eaters that barely affected them. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the messy haired boy run behind a piece of stone that collapsed after a spell missed it's target. I followed him, knowing not a curse would hit me.

I knelt down next to him, pretending to be exhausted. "Harry, I'm sorry about what I did yesterday. I panicked and would like you to know that I still really like you and would like to stay with you. If we don't make it out of this, I would need to know if you forgive me."

Potter reached forward and grabbed my cheeks to pull me into a kiss. The smooching was passionate and I could tell he wished we weren't in the middle of a battle right now with curses just barely missing our heads. I kissed him back, knowing I would survive and he probably had a 99.9% chance of not getting killed.

Gross. But I had to act the part. (A/N: Did I fool any of you? Leave a comment!)

We pulled apart. I gazed into his eyes and he gazed back. A curse flew right in between our noses and we separated. "I'll protect you if you me." I nodded and we left our spot. I still wasn't trying, but I was basically back to back with him with only a couple feet between us. I saw Sirius Black get hit with a green light and fall back into the veil. The room seemed to go quiet and Harry saw it to. Bellatrix, my personally favorite Death Eater, jumped up and down in excitement with a big grin on her face. "AH HA HA! I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!!!!" She saw Potter glaring at her and skipped out of the room in glee.

Harry followed and I trailed slowly behind. We were in the marble enterance again, and Bellatrix was still skipping and yelling happily. "CRUCIO!" Wow. That's a shocked. Bellatrix fell onto the floor and started withering in pain, but not too much. "You have to mean it when you say it, Potter." Harry tried again, but failed again.

Then, Harry fell to the floor, clutching his scar. Ooo! Here's something exciting!

Then I saw him. In the middle of the room.

Voldemort. The Dark Lord. He-Who's-Name-Must-Be-Hyphenated. My dad.

He stared at Potter first. Then saw me. His hateful glare changed as he realized who I was. He smiled, sorta, before turning back to Potter. Oh no! Not another Green vs. Red light duel. After taunting, and pretty colors, Dumbledore appeared, and my dad turned into sand. It flew around like a dust storm for a little bit and I watched it swirl into a tornado shape. Then, I saw Harry wither on the ground, fighting with himself. What a queerbo. I later found out it was my dad possessing him, but no one guesses that first!

He disappeared, just as the Minister and Co. came walking in. Murmurs were murmured around the room about how he was back. As I was watching there shock from behind a column, someone came up behind be, covered my mouth, and we disapparated.

I felt like the mystery person and I were being sucked through a straw. No, a coffee stirrer straw. After the point where I nearly vomited, the straw was gone and we were standing in a dark house. My vision was still blurred and I just sat there for a moment until it cleared up. My bad eyesight was wiped away and I could see I coat rack and umbrella stand to my right. Wait a second. That ladybug umbrella is MINE! Why does the house have it.

I looked to my right and saw the hem of a detailed, black dress. I cursed at myself for not knowing what was going on. I looked up with a smile on my face. "Bellatrix," I greeted her. She seemed to be just as excited as I was. "EEEEP!!!" we squealed like the females we are. As soon as it started, it ended. We turned square to the end of the hallway with straight faces, as if nothing happened.

We walked into the Malfoy kitchen and saw Death Eaters sitting, exhausted with there masks still over their faces. "Where is he?" Bellatrix asked more as a demand.

"In the office," one of them bluntly replied.

Bellatrix turned and I followed. We went back to the entrance and came to a door I didn't notice earlier.

"You first," Bellatrix said. I slowly and cautiously opened the door. Sitting behind the desk, was my father, as elegant as an almost soulless person could be.

A/N: YO YO YO! What's up homies?!?

No. I can't be ghetto.

So this is el chaptero. I hope you enjoyed. I told you to earlier. I hope you obeyed. Please VOTE COMMENT FAN AND HAVE MORE PEOPLE READ MY STORY!!!!! By the way, if I'm in the mood. 20th fan can receive a character! But that's if I feel like it. Maybe I will fit it in, or maybe this is just a ploy to get more fans. Who knows so FAN ANYWAYS! Love ya!