Summer

• Dedicated to Pat Mac

A/N: I GOT ONTO POTTERMORE! Probably because it was 9:30am and the question was how many people participated in the triwizard tournament multiplied by 28 but it could be because I'm awesome? Right? Fine. Enjoy the story.

Sarah's POV:

Our feet hit the hard ground and my knees were locked. I fell to the ground bending my legs back and forth, trying to make them not hurt. Draco and Lucius were just staring at me, but I didn't care, but the pain was getting worse. I closed my eyes and tried to bear the pain. Eventually it died away and I opened my eyes again. I was surrounded by everyone that was in the manor. Was I screaming? No. Couldn't have been. "What? Never locked your knees when you apparated?" People mumbled in agreement and started to walk away.

I walked to the living room and found Mom and Narcissa sipping tea and eating biscotti cookies. "Do you mind?" I asked gesturing to the cookies. "Help yourself," said Narcissa. Mom stood up and gave me a hug. "Welcome back. We have a meeting later. You must attend," she greeted me on such a happy note (hence the sarcasm). "Oh. Okay. Will you help me out later with what I have to wear and everything?" "Of course, sweetie. Go see your father. He's in the study." I exited and went past the entrance again. The Malfoy men weren't there, so I guessed Lucius went to do whatever and Draco went to put his trunk away.

I knocked on the study door in the common pattern that is always in cartoons. "Come in," my father said from inside. I heard Dad tell Nagini to try to scare me in Parseltounge, not knowing that I speak it. I heard her slither to where I would be entering. I turned the handle and pushed the door open, hiding from Nagini's sight. She hissed "BOO!" but froze when she saw no one. She slithered out the door and saw me. I made the put my finger to my lips, indicating for her to be silent. I jumped into the room. "BOO!!! I GOT YOU!!!" My dad sat without emotion on the desk chair, not moving a fraction of an inch since I jumped into. "Poo. I didn't get you."

Dad opened his arms. "Sarah," he said. I stepped forward towards him before hesitating and stepping back. "Dad, the manor is already awkward enough. We don't need your hugs making it worse."

"Good point. I'm sure your mother told you about the meeting you are to attend tonight?" "Oh, we're all formal now. Okay, I'll act the part. Yes Dark Lord." To emphasize, I bowed, but couldn't keep a straight face. I remind myself to much of Lucius, who bends to the floor like a ballerina.

"Okay. That bothers me. You can act like a daughter." "Awesome. So when are you going to go through all of the surgery to fix your face? I overheard a Mudblood talking about some cream that makes hair grow back if you want to try it...." I started. "And now I'm tired of you. Out," Dad demanded. "Kay!" I skipped out of the room just to bother him.

I went up to my bedroom to try and decide what to wear tonight. I looked through my closet and my mom's, but nothing seemed appropriate for a Death Eater meeting. I stressed out and flopped onto the bed, face first. I stayed there until I heard footsteps. I sat up and turned. It was my mom.

"You needed help?" she asked. "Of course." She told me she would be right back and left the room to go to her room, next door. After a couple seconds, she came back with a fabric material covering the dress hanging from the hanger.

My mom took off the covering. The dress was black and strapless. The material touched the floor. A small silver bow ran just under the bust and at the bottom, there was a slit up to the knee, but a metallic green poofy fabric was there instead of what would be bare legs. (A/N: Dress link in comments!). It looked more like a muggle prom dress, but this was my first Death Eater meeting, so I didn't want to be under-dressed.

I tried on the dress, and Mom made some alterations to make it fit perfectly, to the point where I couldn't get it off and we needed to re-alterate. The party was an hour after I finally got the dress off, so I decided to start to get ready. I put on slight eyeshadow and mascara. The lip gloss looked natural, and so did the blush. I curled the ends of my hair, so it looked natural. I'm just a natural kind of girl. That was corny.

It was 10 minutes before the party, so I slipped the dress on and asked mom to help with the alterations again. She came in in a long black dress with side spaghetti straps and a silver stitching flowing down the dress like a spider web. (A/N: Also below) My mom looked good for being in her late 70's.

My mom and I walked down the staircase together and into the dining room, where the meeting would be held. The lights were off and it made the house look abnormally creepy. Leave it to Dad to be dramatic. I sat next to my mom, who sat on Voldemort's left. Dad was at the head of the table as usual, acting all elegant again.

Everyone arrived. My dad started. "I have a very important mission that is to be taken place this year. The killing of Albus Dumbledore. We will need help from insiders. Our three youngest particularly. Draco Malfoy, Sarah Riddle, and Hannah Nott. Step forward". I saw Draco slide out of his chair, and I copied him. I wonder who this Nott girl is. I walked next to Draco and faced him with my head down. He does have a rep to protect. I felt the girl stand. Next to me. "Look up children." We looked up at him. "Recognize each other?" I already knew Draco was on my right, so I looked to my left. Hannah Tont? What? We both looked confused, but turned back to face my dad.

"Present your left arm." Now I lost it. "Come on Dad. Do we have to. I've heard enough stories about how much it hurt." "SARAH RIDDLE PRESENT YOUR ARM," he yelled. I sighed dramatically and casually held my arm up. He started with Hannah. "Morsmordre." Hannah fell to her knees and bit her lip to stop herself from screaming in pain. I didn't even realize Dad was casting the curse on me until I felt the pain. I immediately fell onto my side and screamed without opening my mouth. Like a EEEP sound. I knew Draco was a Death Eater when I felt his weight collapse on the floor next to mine. I knew it took everything in Narcissa and my mom to not run over here and come to our aid.

A/N: Sorry if this is short. I spent 2.5 hours on it, including looking for dresses. So no blaming. Remember to-

COMMENT

FAN

AND VOTE

AND MAYBE LIKE IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!!!!