Blue Eyes

c h a p t e r
002

Running through the woods, I kept my senses as high as possible. The scream became screams, and I'm pretty sure they were definitely children, mostly teenagers. I raised my hand and lower a branch before grabbing it and swinging through the air. I grabbed another and then another, like a monkey or ape would do. I concentrated on the screams and noticed I was getting near, good thing I have speed.

I stopped when the screams quietened down. I gulped and sniffed the air, only to smell five scents. I heard the familiar crunch of dead leaves, alerting me. I quickly and quietly jumped and went to grab a branch, I climbed and waited patiently of who was approaching.

I saw two person merging from the trees, talking to each other. I crouched down and stared at the two he-wolves. "I can't believe he got all the fun, I never got the chance man." The first person said, grumbling. The second person rolled his eyes, "That's Mar for you, just give him what he wants or else we'll get what we don't want."

"Fuck man, what does that even mean?"

"Remember last week?" Silence. The first person shivered in disgust and didn't replay. "Come on, let's shift to get this over and done. I don't want their alpha ripping our hearts." I raised an eyebrow. "You're scared?" The first person laughed, "Wow man, I didn't think you'd be scared of anything."

The second person growled and shoved him off before shifting, followed by the other. I looked at the direction they came out off and jumped off the branch, I sniffed the air and smelled blood. I widen my eyes, I ran to follow the scent.

I stopped in mid track when I heard a loud thud. I jumped again to a branch and then to another before finally unfolding the scene in front of me.

A man, a tall man, bald and big, was throwing two bodies next to a pile of dead leaves. I covered my mouth at the sight of two teenagers, girls, dead with their own pool of blood.

What the...

I clenched my fist and stared at the tall man, analyzing his face. He had a huge scar in his face, and I'm guess this was Mar that the two he-wolves were talking about. He's gonna pay, along with his friends.

I was about to attack when I hear a loud growl, the most loudest growl I have ever heard. I watched as a huge black wolf merged out of the bushes. Mar stepped back and stopped what he was doing. I stared at the black wolf, something about him made me feel... tingly. Who was this he-wolf.

I quietly crouched down from the branch and watched the scene in front of me. The black wolf wasn't alone, because he had two other he-wolves behind him. One was grey and one was brown. The Mar guy smirked, "Well well, if it isn't the almighty alpha." The wolves growled and snarled at him, circling him.

"What an etiquette surprise, a pleasure, really." Mar calmly stood in the middle, smirking and taunting them. "I hope you don't mind, these girls just looked so heavenly," he paused with a lick on his lips, "I couldn't avoid to take the taste." The wolves finally lost it and lunged at him.

Without a second later, Mar was ripped apart into pieces. I looked away for a moment before I suddenly sensed eyes on me. I looked back and saw the black wolf staring at me through the dark. I gulped as my eyes made contact with his blue ones.

So bright. I loved them. They were so beautiful.

I snapped out of my mind when it growled, I widen my eyes and as quick as possible, I bolted away.

And there, the loudest growl became even more louder. It shook the whole woods, but it didn't stop me.

My wolf was telling me to go back, but I couldn't. I couldn't reveal myself. After all the hard work of hiding, why would I just suddenly hand myself over?

Besides, I made a promise.