The Search - Part One

c h a p t e r
027.1

"So, what's the agenda today?" Chad asked, biting a piece of meat. Alpha Lyon approached the table and sat down, moving as far away from me while eating his food. I bit on my lip, hurt at his sudden movement. Snap out of it Majestic!

I ignored him and continued eating on my food. "We'll be meeting the alpha and his family later, so I suggest everyone to change." Alpha Lyon said with his deep voice and walked out of the kitchen after drinking his water.

Mari sighed, "He's too tense if you ask me darling, he always works." I nodded in understand and ate my meat.

(• • •)

I changed into what Mari gave me, a white sundress. I was nervous for the arriving family, what if their daughter is the alpha'a mate?

Stop worrying! He's isn't yours! I scold myself. My wolf merged, don't be like that to yourself Jest, I'm sure you'll understand one day what you are feeling. I didn't replay, I just sat at my bed while staring at the wall.

I then heard the door open, "Ella? Come on, the family just arrived." My stomach dropped, I took a deep breath and stood up.

Relax girl, it's not like you're the one they're meeting. Angie said.

I walked downstairs with Chad by my side. When I saw two couple sitting on the love seat, my eyes went towards the two people standing in the middle, touching hands.

Alpha Lyon shook his head, "No...you're not my mate." I blinked at the sight of the young teenage girl sighing in relief and moving away from him. Alpha Lyon cleared his throat, "Unfortunate news, but your daughter isn't my mate." The two pack leaders nodded and gently took the teenage girl in their arms, "We shall leave then." Alpha nodded while they were escorted by two guards. I stared at Alpha's sad face, why is he sad?

Chad sighed, "I was really hoping to find the luna sooner, we haven't had one for five years." Five years? How old is the alpha?

Chad walked towards Mari, with Delta Charles next to her. I stood at the stairs, staring at the space.

I noticed Alpha Lyon staring at me, I lightly blushed and approached him, "I'm sure you'll find her." I whispered, walking past him.

But he suddenly grabbed my hand, gently. "How can you be sure?" He whispered back, I gulped, "I'm 101% sure. She can't hide forever." I stared into his blue eyes, feeling light headed.

I smiled and walked away from him and to Mari.