Ceremony

c h a p t e r
022

I was woken up with the sound of a loud, loud bang. Not those bangs that sounded like grenades, but like those huge bells that's hammered hard? Yup, like that. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked at the clock beside me, it was exactly 12 o'clock in the night. I narrowed my eyes and got out of bed, remembering I fell asleep somewhere in the afternoon. I guess I missed dinner, do they take attendance? Because I'll be dead as soon as possible. I looked around the dark, I was still on my clothes yesterday, so maybe I should change into something else. I grabbed a nightgown from the closet and changed. I wonder what that bang was about.

And just in cue, another loud bang rang out. I frowned in curiosity and grabbed a robe. I slipped on the slippers and walked out of the room. The house was quiet, except for the quiet humming outside. I walked down the hallway and checked the window, I saw light at a distance. What the hell is going on? What's with all the humming?

I quietly ran downstairs, hoping no one could hear me. When I got out of the house, I jumped a little at the sight of people lining up in two lines, holding a candle while making a path. I blinked in confusion and suddenly heard someone whisper, "Go Ella." I whipped my head and saw Gabriella, with a smile while nodding to the path. I gulped and walked down the stairs.

Was it time for the ceremony? It was too early!

I looked at the people that had wore red cloaks, they look scary. I walked all the way to the woods, to the path they were leading me. Then I finally hear the sound of humming going louder and nearer. I licked my lips and stared at all the people around me. I gulped at the sight, there were at least... a thousands! I remembered distinctly about how many they were in the pack, eight thousand! I gripped on my robe and walked further. They were humming, making me a path. I walked and walked until I reached two rocks, large rocks. I looked up and saw a platform floating in the air. What the hell...

I then saw Alpha Lyon standing there, at the very top, with his hand on a dagger. I gaped at the sight. He looked beautiful.

Snap out of it!

I blinked, my heart racing in fear, anxiety, and shyness. I started climbing at the small stairs and made it to the top, to the floating platform. I stared at Alpha Lyon who waited for me.

I stepped closer when he motioned me to. "Brielle Jonas," he said, using his alpha voice, "do you accept this pack? Respond." I took a deep breath, "Yes, Alpha Lyon." Wow, it just came out. "Do you trust this pack?"

"Yes, Alpha Lyon."

"Do you...Brielle Jonas, take this pack as your family, your future, your friends, mostly your life?" I stared with my heart racing, he looked down at me.

I took a shaky breath and stood straight, "Yes, Alpha Lyon."

Then, with that, he grabbed my hand and slowly and gently cut my wrist. I bit my lip in pain, containing my whimpers. When he looked at me, he lessens the pain by whispering smooth words before slicing his own wrist. Then he held my cut hand and joined our bloods together. I gasped when I suddenly felt something pass through me. I could hear voices inside my head, saying something all in one sync, "Welcome to home." I faintly smiled and closed my eyes.

I feel good.

(• • •)

I woke up late in the afternoon, after being welcomed, I was treated like a new student in school. I loved it, but it was tiring.

I was eating late lunch when suddenly, I felt something wet pouring behind my back. I froze until the cold water stopped pouring. I turned and looked at the one who poured the cold water on me, I saw Sasha with a mad face. "You think you can just barge in this pack and change everything?"

What the hell she was talking about?

"SASHA!" She froze but slowly turned and dropped on her knees, "Alpha! I had to! I had to pour water on her! She hurt me!" Then she raised her right wrist.

Oh shit.