Places

c h a p t e r
029

"It's not what you think—"

"Not what we think? You tried to leave Ella, it's either you tell us why or Delta Charles will be handling you from now on." I stared at Chad in shock then at Delta Charles.

"B— But I didn't do anything wrong!"

Delta Charles took hold of my bag and turned it upside down, causing for my things to fall—even my weapons.

"What are you trying to hide, Ella?"

I trembled under their gaze, making me grip my hoodie. "I— you— you wouldn't understand." I stammered.

"What the fuck do you mean we wouldn't understand?!" Chad yelled in anger.

I haven't seen Chad this angry in my whole two months, why now?

"Chad, calm down." Katy whispered to her brother.

Chad sighs, "Brielle, we're your friends. We care about you."

"Even if you haven't been here longer, we still care." Katy said, sitting in front of me while holding my hand.

I stayed silent. I looked down on my hands.

"We're wasting time, alpha is on his way."

I widen my eyes, "You called him?!"

"We had to." He nodded.

"But—but—you—why—you—called him."

"Yes he did, my delta called me for emergency. What the fuck is going on here?" A deep voice said.

"Alpha." Everyone bowed down. I started to tremble in fear. What is he gonna do?

"This is the last time I'll be tolerating your mysterious plans. Put her away."

Delta Charles nodded and grabbed me. "Wait! There must be another way—"

"Step back Chad, this is for the best."

"But—"

"Chad." Alpha Lyon stared at Chad, who slouched back and walked away. Katy stared at me with shiny sad eyes before following her brother.

"Put her in the dungeons, I'll be interrogating her later this morning." Delta Charles nodded at his alpha and dragged me away.

Well, this wasn't suppose to happen.

(• • •)

I woke up with cold water dripping down my head.

Groaning, I opened my eyes and stared at the small light that was shone above me. "What the..." I rubbed my eyes and flattered them.

"It'll pass by, just don't move."

I gulped at the sound of Alpha Lyon, he's here.

"What do you want?" I managed to whisper.

I see him stand up, "The truth."

"I have given you enough proof that I'm not a bad guy here, alpha." I blurted.

"If you aren't, then tell me what you know about the snake attack. Why you were sneaking out. Tell me why you disguise yourself. Tell me why we found you in the woods, then disappeared after helping before being found again as another person. What are you?"

I froze in my spot, not being able to speak as I stared at my mate in shock and fright.

There's no use of hiding now.

And then I let my senses burnt down, my walls collapsed and completely exposed me. My disguise shimmered away until I was left with my true identity.

But who was I? A princess? No. I can't be someone I don't know. I haven't even meet my parents, I wasn't at their so-called funeral. I wasn't there. Because I was taken and kept away from danger.

Who was I, really?

I looked up at my alpha, staring at him with my true eyes for the first time. Then his eyes dilated, "Mate," he whispered. At least that's something along his words.

"I'm sorry to tell you that I don't know, I only found about my true identity from your little brother. I'm someone I don't know. I'm sorry alpha, I can't say anything until I do know everything," I sobbed, "I'm hopeless."

He strolled towards me in speed before picking me up, "Yes, you do know who you are, you are Brielle Jonas. My mate, my other half, and my luna. You will not hide from me again. You will not runaway from me again."

He leaned towards me until our noses touched, "And you will never, ever leave me."

Burying his face onto the crook of my neck, I gasped as I felt his canines brush softly on my skin. "A—alpha," I stammered.

"MATE!" Then he bit down mercilessly, marking me as his luna and as his mate.

But through it all, I was doomed with only one question in my mind: who. am. I?

The End?