Pack up

c h a p t e r
025

I stared at Alpha Lyon in shock, "Wh - what?"

"I said -"

"I know what you said."

"Then why -"

"I meant - why...do you want me to come?"

He shrugs, "Because I still don't trust you." My eyebrows farrowed, "B - But you accepted me in the pack!"

He nodded, "I know I did, because everyone approves of you," he stand up, "but I still don't, not yet at least." He sighed and turned around.

I licked my lips, "I - I don't think I - I...I'm too unfit to come with." I whispered the last part.

He stops dead in his tracks and looks back at his shoulder, "You are coming, wether you disagree or not, understood? Pack all the things you need, enough for two months." I stood there frozen, unable to spill anything.

"B - But why?"

He turned away his head, "I already told you, I don't trust you enough to stay here and cause danger."

"W - What about training?" I protested, he sighed and walked towards the door. "During my search, I'll be training you." Without another word, he opened the door and slammed it behind him.

I stood still.

What the hell did I get myself into?

(• • •)

Katie started rambling about the things that I'll enjoy visiting, like their closest allied pack, Votron Sac, located in Paris. I don't know what Paris was, but I bet I'll enjoy it like what Katie said. I sighed, quietly shoving the folded jeans on the duffle bag. "And the next pack you'll probably visit after that is the Yellow Greene, it's somewhere in Mexico I think." Mexico? Mariam knows their language, she taught me a lot of things about that place.

"Uh huh." I mumbled, taking another jeans in. Katie sighed, "I know you're scared...seeing that you have never been to these places. But let me just tell you that you're going to enjoy traveling with the...uh...alpha. Let's just hope he doesn't do anything to you." She muttered the last part.

I sat down next to my duffle bag and frowned down on the floor, "Hey now, no worries, okay? It's going to be alright!" She exclaimed, trying to cheer me up. I smiled and embraced her. "You've been a good friend Katie, I never would've been happy in this pack without you by my side." She giggled, "That's my specialty!" I pulled away and looked around my scattered clothes.

"Let's clean up -"

"No need, let Jane handle it. Come on, we still have some packing to do." I sighed and stood up to continue packing.

"I'm just curious though..." I mumbled, "why would the alpha let me come? I mean, I know he doesn't trust me, but he would've left the beta to check on me at all times, right?"

I saw Katie shrug, "I don't know. I can't really question why though, the alpha knows best."

"No, no no, mothers do."

She snorted, "Yeah, and mine is pretty responsible on drinking." She sarcastically say. I gave a half smile and finally zipped my duffle bag close.

She stood up from the floor, "This overly large suitcase is where your private things are; panties, tampons, shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, blah blah, and blah." I nodded while closing the brown suitcase.

"It's only for two months." I said to myself, I hear Katie chuckle, "Relax girl, it's really nothing to worry about." I sighed and nodded at her.

A knock made me and Katie look at the door, "Miss? The alpha is waiting outside." I sighed and grabbed the duffle bag, hanging it on my shoulder like a bag pack. I hugged Katie who grabbed my suitcase. We both opened the door and found a huge bulky man standing in front of us. "Hey Hal." Katie greeted, Hal nodded in acknowledgement and took the bag from her hands and mine.

I followed behind Hal while waving a goodbye at Katie. We walked down the stairs and I passed by some pack members, they waved at me and smiled a good luck.

I took deep breaths and walked out of the pack house. I then saw Chad waiting, "Brielle Jonas..." he chuckled, "I can't believe you're coming with us." I rolled my eyes and bumped my should playfully at him. My bags were loaded in the...car and I hopped in to where Hal had opened the door for me.

I blinked at Alpha Lyon who smirked at me and nodded, "Brielle."

I nodded, "Alpha."