Dinner

c h a p t e r
010

As everyone ate in silence, Alpha Lyon just stared down at his food, his hands were clasped and the same guard was still standing between me and Katie. I looked down at the food in curiosity, what kind of food is this? I have never seen something like this before. I was about to ask Katie when suddenly the guard between us spoke up, "Miss Jonas? Alpha Lyon wants you to eat your food." I blinked at him and looked back at Alpha Lyon to see him staring at me with his blue eyes penetrating me. I gradually took the metal fork, stabbing on the weird food that had looked like... melted sticks. I looked back up at Alpha Lyon who just nodded at my plate, I grabbed a forkful of the food. I cautiously ate it and licked my lips from the red liquid thing around my lips, after tasting it I was delighted.

It tasted good!

Don't want to look savage, I slowly ate my food until the plate was empty. I grabbed a tissue beside my... weird cup and wiped my mouth. "Wow, I never saw someone eat that fast and clean." I blushed at Katie and took the weird cup that had a long neck and drank my water. I burped quietly and blushed when everyone looked up at me, "E-Excuse me." They went back to their food and ate quietly. I'm so full.

What was that thing called? When I hear a bell ring, I looked up and saw everyone standing up and handing one plate to the other. Why so? I mean... some were still full of that delicious food. I passed my plate to Katie and passed Chad's to Katie then another person's plate to another. It went on like that until Alpha Lyon stood up and left, visibly giving me one last glance before disappearing behind the doors. Everyone started chatting as they walked out of the dining room.

When I was about to leave, someone came up to me and patted my shoulder, "Good to see you new girl." Another walked towards me and smiled before waving and walking out.

People here are nice. I walked out of the dining room and spotted Katie, "Hey! Ella!" I walked up to her and she smiled, "Where's your room? Mine's at the third floor-"

"Excuse me Kate, but alpha told me to escort Miss Jonas here to her room." I looked at the same old lady and smiled politely, "Sheesh, alpha clearly have something up with you." Katie muttered before wiggling her eyebrows at me and hugged me before waving a goodbye and left. "Miss Jonas?" The old lady called out, I followed her onto a different flight of stairs, apart from the other stairs where Katie had went to.

We walked all the way up the long stairs and finally made it to the same white door. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ring the bell that's inside your room." She bowed down before leaving, "Wait!" I called out.

She turned back and smiled, "Yes?"

"What's your name?" She chuckled, "I am Madame Jane, Head of the House Holds." I nodded with a smile, "I'm Brielle, but just Ella." She nodded and bowed again before saying her goodnight.

I walked back inside the room and saw the same beautiful scenery. I closed the door behind me and walked around.

I stared at the large window and walked towards it. I realized it was a big balcony and opened it, I gasped at the sight.

The city lights were almost closer, the woods were illuminated with the moon's light. It was completely and utterly beautiful, gorgeous.

But... I can't stay any longer here. I need to get out, I still have Yin and Yang to deal with. What am I gonna do when they attack here? I'm not ready to fight... I'm still beginning.

Wait, Majestic, maybe you can stay a bit longer and you know... train here instead, my wolf said. I mentally shook my head, no, we can't risk lives being slaughtered.

Majestic, you're a hidden from the world, you have a new appearance and a new identity. Maybe this is your chance to get ready for the twins.

But it's too risky! What if my secrets are revealed and there are actually spies around here?!

Then you'll fight them.

Wolfy, it's not that easy-

That's the point! You can train here! And you can maybe learn new things! We can do this Jest.

I looked down at the ground, feeling a weight on my shoulder. Maybe she's right, maybe I need somewhere I can really hide, where I can learn something.

Alright, let's see what this Fearsome Claws can do.