Pups

c h a p t e r
012

Chad led me to where there were kids, almost like 10 years and above, are training. He told me how these kids were enrolled automatically when they hit the age of 10.

"Delta Charles used to be so nasty, he wanted these kids to just get to the point and grow up for good. But, eventually, he learned to control his patience, and that's because of his mate, Martha." At the mention of mate, I looked at him, "What do you know about mates?" I asked.

Chad chuckled, "Well, I know they're the other halves of our wolves, but what I think about them is that they are distractions in life. Sure, you'll earn something, but it's not that special." I frowned, "Do you have a mate?" I asked, he looked up and thought, "I'm not in a rush, I'm waiting for her." I nodded in understanding.

"Do you have a mate?" I shrugged, "I don't think I can have one." I muttered, he stopped dead in his tracks, "What do you mean? Mates are given to everyone. Whether fate wants them to meet or not, your mate is still there, waiting." I stared numbly at the ground and nodded.

Maybe I do have a mate.

"How do you find them? I mean, how do you know it's them?" Chad started to walk again and shrugged, "My mom met dad with just one smell of his scent, and then bam! They're at it. But grandma used to say that you can truly find your mate if you make eye contact or whatever. Still though, the only way to obviously find your mate is that if you have a mark on your back the same as your mate."

My hand instantly touches the mark that was on my back. So that wasn't a birthmark at all? Mariam didn't say anything!

Clearly, she lied, Angie said. I mentally growled and shut her up.

Me and Chad observed the pups train as they all made noises of fight and strength. I noticed one kid that was kicking the punching bag repeatedly. He was doing it wrong though, he should keep his elbows up, back relax, and legs straight. If he wants to aim straight for the opponents weakest point, he should get a higher kick.

"Come on, let's go check out the matches." I followed Chad as he went inside the big building that he called gym and saw pups fighting each other. Each had pairs in one circle, I was fascinated of their magnificent work on training them.

As Chad and I stopped to observe two girls fighting, I caught something at the back of the wall somewhere in a foyer. "Ella? Are you okay?" I hummed in response and looked up at Chad, nodding he smiled and went back to observing.

I looked around and the place was incredibly professional. I liked it. Unlike where Mariam and I used to train, in the woods. But still, it was the best days of my life.

A loud whistle made everyone stop and walk out of the rings. I went beside Chad and saw him talking to someone, he faced me and smiled, "Ella, meet Franz, he's my sister's mate." He introduced as he stepped aside to let me see Franz that had black spiky hair that had pink color at the tip of his hair. "Shut up dude." Franz joked, nudging Chad before raising his hand up, "Nice to meet you." He smiled, I nodded and shook his hand like what Katie had done.

"Nice work everyone! Now back to their bases and clean up! You're going home!" All the pups bowed down at the familiar man standing in a big platform, Delta Charles. Chad said goodbye to Franz who waved and left. We both walked towards Delta Charles and saw him approaching us too.

"Brielle, you're here. Beta Black is asking Alpha right now if you could train this afternoon with Chad and his sister. I'm sure you'll get in, you're ceremony's in one week." I nodded and smiled thankfully.

"Anyways, Chad will be the one to show you to your trainer at noon and I'm sure you'll like him, he's very good at teaching. I'll try telling him not to get hard on you." He smiled, he then patted Chad's back, "I must be going now, good day." Chad and I waved and he led to me outside the building.

He checked the time, "Lunch'll be coming around, so let's just wake Katie up or else she'll get hungry." Chad and I walked quietly to the pack house.

This has been good.