Walk Out

c h a p t e r
019

When it was night, I couldn't stop thinking about the story. Was it true? Did I really have parents? Was I... royal?

I drown all of those questions with one thing straight.

I was a princess.

We told you, Jest, you're more than a princess. I hear my wolf whisper. I gulped and stared blankly at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and darkness took over me.

(• • •)

The next morning, I woke up with Katrin knocking on my door. We both went to the big living room as soon as everyone started gathered there. What was going on?

"Fellow pack members of Fearsome Claws, there are some announcements we have to settle straight." The voice of a beta yelled, I looked at the three men standing on a small stage. "Our Alpha has left me in charge until he arrives from the annual meeting of alphas. But after the upcoming welcoming ceremony, he will travel to each pack for two months in order to make contact with his mate." Everyone started whooping and cheering.

Alpha Lyon's going to look for his mate? Somehow, when I heard that, I felt my heart break. I gulped down the feeling of hurt, a bit overwhelmed.

"Are you okay Ella?" I turned to look at Katie and nodded with a fake smile. After the announcement, everyone went to eat breakfast. Everyone seemed to be cheerful and carefree. Is Alpha Lyon's that scary?

You tell us. I mentally rolled my eyes and sat next to Katie to eat our breakfast.

When I was about to stand up and leave, I felt someone tug on my skirt. I looked down and saw the same little girl, Lily. I smiled and bent down, "Hello Lily." She shyly waves at me, "I - I wanted to say sorry about g-giving you bad berries." She looks down at the floor. I frowned and lifted her chin, "Sweetie, it's okay. I'm all good now, see? Nothing to worry about," I said, "besides, you weren't the one who really brought them." She smiled and kissed my cheek before running away with a shy giggle.

I smiled and went to walk back to my room. Since I wasn't part of the pack yet until next week, I'm gonna have to stay in my room for now.

As I made it there, I bumped into someone. "Oh I'm so sorry -"

"There is no need." I widen my eyes at the sight of Alpha Lyon, "Alpha? I thought you left for the...er...annual meeting?" I asked, looking straight down. He sighs, "Unfortunately, I have to settle things straight with you first." He nodded to a door, "My office, now."

As I walked in his office, he told me to sit down and explain. "Who are you?" He asked, I sighed, "Brielle Jonas." He stared at me, "Lying is a bad habit of yours." He grabs a pen and started writing something down, "If you keep that up, I'm gonna have to ask the council to take you away from my pack before some further danger emerges like the snake we have encountered that has mysteriously disappeared when you left the house." I gulped.

"Take me away?"

"Yes, to be trained along with the captured rogues."

"So...I'm going to be stuck on jail?" I asked, worried.

He chuckled darkly, "It's where liars are put."

I don't understand this guy, one time he's very nice and then the next, he changes into our enemy.

I sighed, "Then it's a good thing I'm not a liar." I shrugged, challenging him.

I never once did that to him, but I can't be coped up like a freaking bomb about to explode. He stared at me intently, I maintained eye contact until he finally looks back down to his paper and smirks.

"You're brave, but it doesn't mean I like it." He coldly says.

"We're gonna see what will go down next week." He stood up and walked towards the door, "Please go back to your room, I have to do my business alone." I stood up from my chair and walked out of the office.

I sighed, how can I take my stay here seriously? I stayed to train, and I'm still not trusted to enter the pack, to train, and to learn. It's like picking names randomly in a hat. Wether it calls out to you or it will call another and leave you be.

I'm utterly gone now. Like I always say.