Berries

c h a p t e r
015

When I made it back to my room with my wings, I was tired and drowsy. I wasn't hit hard, but from the impact of crashing to that tree? I feel like my back was broken. I stretched and heard the satisfying cracks. I changed into what seems to be a nightgown and brushed my teeth. I stared at myself in my reflection. My appearance was really different apart from my real appearance, my eyes were dull brown, unlike my bright golden ones. My hair was... red, yeah, red. My real hair was white, as in pure golden white. Alpha Lyon's hair was different though, his hair was like really white. I wonder if they're soft...

I touched my long straight hair and sighed, I really look different. But it's for the good. Still, I miss my old face. But it's for the good.

"You're perfect if that's what you're concerned about." I let out a squeak and turned to see bright blue eyes staring through me in the dark. He stood darkly tall on the door, which made me look up at him in fear.

He looked really tall up close. I was like... 5"6? And he's 6"8! I gulped, "A-alpha..." I whispered.

He merged through the dark, he nodded his head. "I did knock you know."

"O-of course y-you did." I mumbled, I trembled under his gaze, standing there with just... my nightgown. God, please don't do this to me.

I gripped on the sink when he walked closer, "I wanted to ask where did you go a while ago? When Jane went to find you... you were gone." I gulped.

What am I suppose to say? That I left and went to hunt Yang down?

"Uh... I... I went out for a run."

His eyes shifted, "Brielle, you should now that you are not yet a part of the pack. You can't roam around, it's dangerous when you're scent still lies as a rogue scent." I gulped again, he sound seriously dangerous.

"Your Welcoming Ceremony is due on Thursday, so I don't want you roaming around until you are already part of the pack," he sternly stated, I nodded, "I will think about your training." He said, crossing his arms.

I nodded, I stood there looking down while fiddling with my nightgown. I squirmed under his gaze, "What curious me is you, Brielle Jonas, you are a... mystery." He whispered the last part. I clenched my jaw.

"Your file is unknown, we couldn't get information from every pack. Which makes me paranoid," he said, "can we trust you, Brielle Jonas?"

My mind went blank, I guess... I guess that maybe in order to trust them, they have to trust me. Besides, I didn't hurt my back for nothing, I looked up dead in his eyes, which was so close to my face. "Yes, you can trust me Alpha."

He stared at me, hesitant. "Who are you Brielle Jonas?" He whispered, I gulped and looked down. When he said that question, he slowly turned his muscular back on me-I swear! I was drooling-and walked away without another word.

(• • •)

In the morning, I sat on my chair, eating my breakfast. Katrin joined with me a while ago, but left as soon as Alpha Lyon went to talk to me.

"Brielle." He nodded at me, I gulped down my food and stared up at him. What was he doing here? I could feel everyone's eyes on us. "A-alpha." I greeted back. He smiled, "You don't have to call me Alpha, you aren't a part of the pack yet. So please, address me as Las." I blushed and shyly nodded.

Why do I suddenly feel tingly around him?

"O-okay." I mumbled. I stood up and cleared my throat, I was about to excuse myself but a small child ran up to me, "Are you Majestic?" The child tilted her head to the right.

I widen my eyes, shit. I chuckled nervously, this didn't go unnoticed. I crouched down and smiled at her. "Um... no, but I know her."

She smiled, "Well... someone gave these for her." I widen my eyes when she handed me a basket of berries. I smiled and took a small sniff, "They look fresh, can I have a bite too?" I took the basket, she blushed and nodded while her friends joined her behind her.

I took one berry and put it in my mouth. I chewed slowly and gulped it down, "It tastes really good." I complimented, they all smiled at me. I tapped the little girl's nose and nodded thank you before excusing myself to the alpha.

Who would give these to me? I mentally gasped, what if it was Yin? Shit. I dropped the basket and slowly, I felt drowsy and sick. I held my head and held on the wall next to me.

I saw Jane running up to me. Then I fell.