Nightmare

c h a p t e r
020

I stayed inside my room for five days, Jane would come in and tell me to go out and have some fresh air, but I didn't leave my room, mainly the house. I just go down whenever it's time for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Katie, Chad, and I hung out but we just sat in the living room, watching action movies along with the other packs.

I once roam around the house, and I was completely amazed at all the cool things I had entered in. Katie showed me how to play video games in the Game Room, Chad read books in the big library, Katie and I swam in the Indoor Pool, and so much more! It was completely amazing.

But as soon as I came back in my room after the activities, I saw Jane waiting for me. She then told me about the upcoming ceremony on Tuesday, which means after tomorrow. I gulped, I'll be completely part of the pack, well not until Alpha Lyon makes the decision wether I stay or wether I'm thrown away.

But didn't he promise the council?

I ignored that thought and went down form dinner along with Jane behind me. I saw Katie talking to a few girls, which made me shy. I just went to sit on a random chair, but when Katie called me I nervously approached them. I stood behind Katie and smiled politely, "Hello, you're Ella right? The new girl..." I looked up at the girl that had a short black hair. I nodded, "It's good that you're finally getting the hang out of us, I can't wait for you to enter the pack. I'm Tina by the way." We shook hands.

I heat a scoff, I turned my head to see a girl with brown hair and emerald eyes. I smiled at her but she scowled at me and looked away, "Ignore Sasha, she's just that grumpy." Tina whispered. "Well, we should eat, come on." Katie said. I sat next to her and listened to them chat while the food was served.

We all ate while Katie chatted with Tina, I was in my own thoughts. When I join this pack I'll officially train and then when I do, I can learn new things. After those... I'm completely leaving. But it was too bad though, because I'll be leaving Katie and Chad behind. I'll miss them.

At least you'll know that you're leaving for the better, not for the bad.

I looked down at my food.

You're right.

(• • •)

As I entered my room, I felt drowsy and sleepy. When I crashed in my bed, I fell asleep.

I was in a meadow. A field white like snow, but it felt hot. I looked down at myself and found myself wearing a black dress. I was on my bare feet, touching the hot snowy floor. I didn't feel hot, but it looked hot. It almost looked like winter, but instead of the cold surface beneath you, it's hot. What was I doing here? No, where was I?

I looked around and it was like... I was in a empty place. Everything was plain white, the snow was white but hot. It looked boring, so why was I here?

Suddenly, I hear an echo. I whipped my head around, but the sound came from everywhere. What the hell...

Suddenly, the sound became more and more louder, and more nearer. I covered my ears in pain and agony. This was too loud and too screechy. I gasped in pain and dropped down on my knees. "Ah!" I screamed. The sound became more, more, more, more, and more louder, it was completely burning my ears. I landed on my butt and fell to my right, it hurt like hell.

What kind of dream was this?

When I squinted my eyes open from the pain, I saw someone approaching me. This time, I could hear the sound at the back of my head. I looked at my hands and I was covered in blood, then my head began to explode. I groaned in pain and looked around and realized I was upside down. I gasped, what the hell?!

I looked at the approaching feet, I gulped down the pain and stared at the black shiny boots stepping on the white hot sand approaching me. As I widen my eyes, the boots became a blur and it disappeared in thin air. When I saw pair of blue sneakers, I squinted my eyes and saw the person going down in one knee.

Why couldn't I see the face? Maybe because it was blocked from this angle, I was upside down, hanging, and I was bloody. I could feel myself tightening, I then realized it was a belt wrapped around me. A seatbelt?

I focused my attention on the person crouching down to look at me, but it went hazy. I closed my eyes and gasped.

I then woke up.