Katrin

c h a p t e r
009

Finally settling into one simple and comfortable outfit that I found in the closet, I walked outside to see the same old lady waiting patiently. "Hello dear, shall we?" I nervously nodded and followed her as she leads me to the dining room. We both walked down the flight of very long long stairs until the sound of chattering and laughing came. I stopped in my tracks, should I do this? I mean, I have better things to worry about... like Yang. I mentally gasped, Yang! What if he attacks here?!

"Dear? Are you alright?" I looked at the old lady, I tugged on the red hoodie and put my hood up. "Yeah." I whispered. I followed her again until we finally made it in the dining room.

Everyone was laughing, chatting around, and talking. I nervously went to take a seat, good thing they didn't notice me. I looked around me and found pretty girls with make-up, talking and giggling. I bit my lip, just stay quiet Majestic, and everything'll be fine.

"Hey there!" I jumped and looked up to see a girl, the same age as me, I waved. "You're the new girl right? I bet the counsel scared you huh?" I blushed and nodded, she sat next to me and smiled kindly, "So... what's your name? I'm Katrin, but you can call me Katie!" She held out her hand, I stared in confusion and just tapped it.

She laughed, "No, you shake it like this." She took my hand and held it before shaking it up and down. That's how people should greet each other? "What's your name?" I bit my lip, trying to remember my new identity, "B-Brielle... Jones... I mean Jonas! Um... y-you can call me E-Ella." She smiled, "Good to know, where are you from?"

Where am I from? "The woods." Katie blinked at me, until she started to laugh very loudly and slapping her knee, "Y-You're so f-funny!" I looked down, feeling shy as everyone stared in irritation and wonder.

As she stopped, she cleared her throat, "I'm just kidding... are you serious?" I nodded. "Aw... t-that's... that's so sad." Katie started tearing up, making me panic. "Hey, i-it's okay, I... uh... it's not that big of a deal-"

"But you lived in the woods with no life!" She started sobbing loudly, making everyone quiet. Crap. "It's okay! I mean, I survived my whole life and I kinda gotten used to it." She slowly stopped crying and smiled lightly, "Don't worry, I'm gonna make sure to teach you everything I know." She puffed her chest and looked up with pride.

"Clearly, you don't know nothing Kate." I looked up and saw a yellow haired guy walking towards us, "Hi, is my sister bothering you? I'm sorry, she can be a little bit dramatic." Katie slapped his head and humped, I smiled a little at the exchange. "I'm Chad by the way, and... you're the new girl, what's your name?"

"Her name is Ella! And she's my best friend!"

"Wow... you have friends!"

"Shut up!"

I can definitely see the similarities, they have the same brown eyes, same tanned skin, and same nose. They were real siblings. "So Ella, how are you?" Chad asked, sitting down, I gave him a thumbs up.

"Did you meet the counsel? Man, they're so tense sometimes... they often visit whenever Alpha Lyon has to deal problems like rogues, attacks, or deaths." The mention of Alpha Lyon's name made me feel tingly a little. I observed that he had that look in his eyes whenever he says his name, it was pride. And I'm sure everyone adores him too.

Angie snickered, even you do?

Oh shut up.

Suddenly, everyone became quiet as soon as the large doors opened and five men stepped in, one clearly caught my eyes. Almighty Alpha Lyon.

Why do I feel so... different around him? My wolf stayed quiet, my angel just sighed in awe.

He walked in with his men following, finding himself a seat in the very high positioned one, the middle. The table was so big, there was still other five tables. How many are they exactly?

As if reading my mind, Katie whispered to me, "There are 8,000 of us in this pack kingdom. Some are divided since we have 10 pack houses. The alpha lives in a castle, but he mostly stays here whenever he's at work. I just don't know why he's here now, we haven't heard anything from the Omegas." She quickly got silent when one of the men Alpha Lyon walked in stood between us.

8,000?! What the hell! That's too many!