Little Brother

c h a p t e r
017

As soon as Alpha Lyon was dragged away from my weak state, I coughed and groaned when my head started spinning. God, I'm taking it worse than the others I had once saw.

It's okay Jest, we got this, we're almost healed.

I grumbled and closed my eyes, I sighed in relief and remembered that there were still people around.

There's a slight problem though, Angie stated, we need to go back to our form, we need more power to get the poison out. With that, I forced myself to stand up, "Whoa!"

"Hey!"

"Get the doctor!"

I ignored the sound of people protesting for me to stand. I shoved their arms gently off of me and saw a window nearby, my vision was a bit blurry, but when I stood up, I tried my best and ran for the window.

"STOP!" The sound of Alpha Lyon's growl almost made me stop, but I need to get out of here or else they'll see my form.

I'll be back after though, I just need to heal. I jumped out and found myself falling from a very high building. I closed my eyes and used my ability to teleport. Gosh, I haven't done this since I was six.

I landed on the forest ground with a groan, I opened my eyes and saw the same oak tree. I smiled a little before completely blocking out.

(• • •)

I woke up with sound of dead leaves crunching. I opened my eyes, my vision was livid, my body was rigid. I took deep breathes and stood up quickly.

Relax, you regained your energy back, but try not to overuse your energy. You're appearance is in disguise again, so it's good. My wolf said. I sighed and tried to relax, when I turned I saw three wolves approaching me. I clenched my fist and stared at them. They all looked at each other and stepped aside, telling me to go.

We walked back to the pack house, to see Alpha Lyon pacing around with his mother behind him, crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently. I quickly made my way towards them, avoiding eye contact with the Alpha. He approaching me, too fast. "Where did you go?" He snarled.

I whimpered a little before answering him, "I h-had to g-get medicine f-from the trees-s to h-heal properly." I stuttered. He closed his eyes and breathed in and out, his nose flared and his jaw clenched. His fists were tightening.

"Alas, let's take this calmly." I hear the strict voice of his mother, I looked behind him and saw her approaching us. The Alpha glared down at me before facing his mother, "Mother, I told you to stay inside-"

"I don't take orders from you or your father, I am my own rules. Stay back and move away from the poor girl before you hurt her again." At the mention of hurting me again, her eyes glinted with anger and disappointment. Alpha Lyon winced and looked away, trying to avoid her gaze.

I shyly looked up at Mrs. Kielce. The former Luna of this pack, Alpha Lyon's mother. She stared at me in wonder and smiled lightly, "Hello dear, I am truly and deeply sorry for my son's stupid and insolent action... he takes after his bad temped father." Is that... a bad thing?

I smiled back, "It's okay, madam." She gasps, "No, don't call me that darling. Call me Gabriella, or Gabby for short." She smiled.

"Come now child, let's take you inside, you must be really tired after what my dear son had done." She stared at Alpha Lyon who looked away and snarled at his snickering warriors.

When we went inside, she held me gently on my shoulder and told me to sit down on the comfy couch.

"I never caught your name." She said, sitting down while motioned the man standing on the door with something. I fiddled with my fingers, "B-Brielle Jonas." She nodded with a smile.

I hear a door open and a boy runs up to Gabriella with a toy, a car toy. The boy kisses Gabriella and runs up to Alpha Lyon, who I had now noticed standing next to the door, and hugs him. The alpha hugs him back and told him to go to his mother. I realized that this must be Alpha Lyon's brother.

The kid was about to go to his mother when he suddenly stops, he turns to me and looks at me. Confused, he then stared at my chest. I looked down and saw my necklace, I held it and he looked up at me.

"Who are you?"