Claws of Yang

c h a p t e r
004

I cursed myself, I can't believe I left my clothes back at the river. But still, they'd catch me and probably kill me. What were they doing there in the first place?

So here I am, up in the sky flying. I didn't feel cold, but I still needed something to cover my half naked body.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of hawks nearby. I looked to my right and saw the familiar black birds. Should I? Then, a loud bang rang out, scaring more bids out. I stopped in mid air and raised an eyebrow, I should.

In speed, I flied towards the area, ignoring I was half naked as a hobo. I circled around the same area where the birds flew off and found a small empty clearing.

Huh, I could've sworn I saw a shadow- I gasped in pain before I quickly fell amongst the trees. I hang in one of the branches, wincing in pain. I looked to my left and saw my other wing was dripping with blood, I whimpered. Let me heal it! I hear the angel in me scream in worry. I quickly fold my wings, which was painful and hid it behind my back. I gasped and held on the tree for support.

Silence.

I slowly looked up when I hear the sound of the familiar hissing. I gulped and got up, slightly wincing and hid behind the leaves. "Hiss... well well well... I'd never thought I'd see you again, dear." I covered my mouth in shock.

Why was he here?! Was he looking for me for a long time?!

"I must say, it was... hiss... difficult for us to search for you... hiss." I closed my eyes when I hear his voice coming near. "But this time," he paused, his voice nearer, "we're taking you now with us... hiss." I screamed when I felt sharp claws grabbing my forearm and throwing me out.

I landed painfully on the ground, I groaned and winced. I looked at my forearm and there it was, three slices of claws marking it with blood. I hate blood.

No time for that! Run Majestic! Run! I snapped out of my senses when I hear my wolf growl. Let's shift! I crawled in all fours, before finally standing up and running in top speed. I could hear the same hissing gaining on me. I felt my eyes starting to change, so as soon as I leaped through the air I had shifted into my white golden wolf. I ran while still feeling the pain, but it quickly went numb as my adrenaline kicked in.

"You can't hide from us! Hiss." I ignored him and started to run faster.

Then I hear the loud bang, I sensed three creatures following behind with guns. I felt my leg sting, and of course, it had to be silver bullets! But I knew they weren't just ordinary silver, they were mixed with something more. My strongest enemy, crystal. Angels have weaknesses.

I ran a bit more faster, ignoring the pain. Then another bang, it missed me.

But when two bangs rang out, I had completely stumbled, but somehow, I had made it to the west river valley. And this was a strong river.

I lost them as soon as I had fell on the river, I shifted and closed my eyes. I need to get this bullets out in 30 hours or else I'll die with them infecting all my system.

I opened my eyes to see the dark violet eyes staring through the water, with three shadows next to him. Yang Manses, brother of Yin, Mariam's greatest enemy. I couldn't believe this, they found me.

What am I gonna do?

(• • •)

I woke up choking. What the hell! I looked around me and I was still under water, I widen my eyes and swam upwards. I was deeper in the river, how did I get there?

I stopped your body from functioning, angel answered. What?

I had to do it! Yang didn't sense you though.

How long?

Well, 5 hours. I gaped and remembered I was still under water and swam faster. I finally made it up and gasped, the river was clearly strong, whooshing me away. I choked some water and controlled a branch to take me, I finally reached the land beside me and took deep breaths.

I winced when I felt the pain coming back. I felt weak, sleepy... and numb. My eyelids started to shut while I was still holding on the grass.

I held on my necklace and sighed.

I'm a goner.