City

c h a p t e r
006

I noticed him freezing, he stopped talking to the other two person and sniffed around. He turned his head to look at a door and walked towards it, opening it. Deciding to escape now, I didn't waste more time and climbed up.

Finally reaching the roof, I sat down and looked around. I'm somewhere west in the woods. I stood up and looked down at the ground.

I breathed in, Angie? Tell me my wings are healed. Angel replied yup.

Wait, Jest, are you really leaving?

I have to, I mean, we can't risk this again. Yang just found me, we need to find a place to hide better, somewhere he can't go.

Yeah, we also need weapons, Angel said

My wolf stayed silent, if you say so.

I concentrated on my wings and unfold them behind me. I sighed in relief at the feeling of it. It was completely healed, except there was a scar on the left side. I couldn't heal that, it was crystal. I sighed and quickly flew off.

I need to go somewhere, somewhere I can avoid the woods or else Yang'll find me. I licked my lips, trying to think.

I flew at the east wing and found the familiar sight of building. I widen my eyes at the idea.

The city!

(• • •)

I had quickly went back to the tree house, paranoid at the sight of Yang. I gathered all my clothing in my other pack and changed into my hoodie and my other short before using another worn out sneaker. I wasted no time as I jumped to one tree to another, reaching the city.

I jumped down to a small dead end, a wall blocking my way. I crouched down, ready to jump. Taking a huge leap through the wind, I successfully made it on the other side of the wall. I looked at the small brown house in front of me before walking down to it side and reached the road. I was close to the stores.

I need to find myself a weapon, and of course a place to sleep in. I covered my whole face, avoiding eye contact while putting my hood up. As I made it in the main city, there were a lot of people walking around. I took a deep breath and walked, looking around for stores that might help me. I don't have enough money, but I know this one store that Mariam was very close to.

Jackie's Metal. It contained a lot of daggers, my specialty. But I need poison, like Yang poison, it can affect him deeply. It's funny when your own power can affect you too.

I'll probably pin point that problem later.

I looked around, trying to search deeply and finally saw the same store. I smiled a little and crossed the street, ignoring the beeps. I reached the store and opened it.

"We're closed! Can't you see the freaking sign!" Ops.

I looked up to see an elderly man walking out of a room with an axe. "Well?! What are you waiting for?! Get out!"

I bit my lip, I took off the hood and gripped on my bag. "Hi Jackie, i-it's me." He stared at me in wonder, before breaking into a full blown smile.

"I knew I'd recognized that innocent face somewhere!"

(• • •)

"So, what happened to you? I haven't heard from you for years!" I smiled at him, "Eem, I... I needed to hide away... f-from them." Jackie nodded in understand, "Don't worry dear, I'll be here to help you along the way. And I'll make sure to give you the best weapons!"

An hour later, Jackie gave me enough weapons. I was thankful for him helping me, and I was even more thankful for letting it be free. I got out of the store, I looked up at the sky and it was still daylight. The time must be somewhere in the noon.

I put my hood up and walked, still seeing a lot of people walking around. I avoided again eye contact and searched for a hotel, a motel even.

I saw a pile of newspaper somewhere outside a restaurant and as quick as possible, I took it and walked away. I looked down for any signs of motel or hotel around here.

I sighed. I fold the newspaper back but suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Oh I am so-" I looked up and... damn, blue eyes.