The Important Confrontation

Taylor reads over the message again and again, frantically scanning her eyes around the paper. This cannot possibly be true. She simply refuses to believe it.

"You're... Y-you're a-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm a princess", Karlie groans. She reaches for the message and snatches it from Taylor's hands before scrunching it up and throwing it to the ground. She stomps the note into the dirt with her foot - all the while making annoyed grunts and groans.

"Karlie, stop. I hardly think even the most educated English professors would be able to decipher it now", Taylor says, pulling Karlie away from the crumpled message.

Taylor puts her arms behind her head in frustration "Oh my goodness, I let you sleep in your clothes! In my tattered old bed. I let you eat commoner food, oh my-"

Karlie lets out another loud, aggravated groan "I don't care about all that. I'm in trouble for sneaking out"

"Your Highness, I-"

"Oh, yuck. No, please do not call me that"', Karlie grimaces, dropping her face into her hands.

"It is custom to address a member of any royal family by their correct title", Taylor recites.

"But I don't want you to treat me like royalty!", Karlie exclaims, her voice rising. "I don't want you to treat me like I'm better that you, or something"

"But you are better than me", Taylor says, quietly. She comes closer to Karlie and takes her by the arms, squeezing them gently to calm her down a bit.
"You're better than anything I'll ever be"

Karlie furrows her brow in disgust "That is not true, Taylor", she says in a stern tone. "Just because I am of higher status than you in the public eye does not make me any more important than you are"

"Oh, Karlie", Taylor sighs, resting one side of her head on Karlie's chest. "If that were true there would not be a monarchy"

"Taylor, you're important, okay?", Karlie says. "I hate it, I hate it when people think that they are less than someone else"

"But one day you will be a queen... And I will still be me"

Karlie moves Taylor away from her chest and takes her face in her hands "Just because people think a star shines brighter than another, does not make it any less of a star"

Taylor smiles a little at Karlie's words. She looks so serious right now with her narrowed gaze and thin lips. Her eyes are making slight darting movements as she scans Taylor's face for any signs of conversation. Taylor can hear her Karlie's heartbeat again. And yes, it is so so fast - accelerating inside her chest. Taylor can tell that Karlie wants her to speak - for this silence is deafening. But instead of words, Taylor leans up on her toes and plants a nervous kiss against Karlie's jawline.

Karlie lets out a soft gasp. This must feel amazing to her, Taylor thinks. Warm. Taylor suddenly feels Karlie's fingers running gently through her hair and slowly massaging her scalp. She feels Karlie's chin against her shoulder - resting it there as she continues her kiss. She holds it there for a few more blissful seconds before shakily pulling away and shyly peering up at the girl. Karlie's hands are still in her hair, bunching the soft locks into gentle fists. She steadily untangles her fingers and lets them brush down along Taylor's soft cheeks - now warm with a cute rosy hue. Neither of the girls break eye contact for the entire moment.

Suddenly, Karlie's pupils dilate dramatically. Her breath hitches. Without warning she stumbles away from Taylor with an arm guarding her mouth in shock of something.

"What is it?", Taylor breathes, worried about the reaction she has received.

"Your eyes... they're-"