The After

AN This is a filler chapter! Getting ready for big future plots. Please read the note at the end of this chapter if you are concerned for Bloody Kisses . Also, check out my Tumblr: http://flickerfic.tumblr.com/

-
Song: Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift

Taylor wakes up to a pair of long, slender arms loosely wrapped around her waist. A chin is resting over her head, the sound of faint snoring whispering in the room. The pleasant, piney smell of a long dead fire wafts throughout the small house. A slight chill teases at one of Taylor's half exposed breasts and she gently pulls the sheets over herself, turning then to snuggle deeper into Karlie and warm herself. She is immediately welcomed by a satisfied sigh and a lanky leg draping itself over her body. Karlie licks her lips and her breathing begins to grow more intense as she shakes away the heaviness of a good nights rest.

"You up, babe?", Karlie mumbles, contentedly.

"Mmm", Taylor smiles, inhaling the piney scent of Karlie's perfume. "I'm just awake now".

A long, calm science follows. Both girls take time to listen to each other's breathing and happy little noises. A hum, a light chuckle melting through a smile. Everything that is happening right now is endless bliss, Taylor thinks. The softness of Karlie's skin, her messy, knotted hair that Taylor lazily tangles her fingers into. Another patch of brown has appeared since last night. It shines in the peachy morning sunlight. Karlie shifts herself so she can join Taylor further under the covers. Their noses brush against each other for a slight moment and Taylor chuckles, softly. Karlie presses a hard kiss to her mate's cheek and hums into her skin. Without warning she then flips Taylor onto her back, making the girl laugh, wholeheartedly. Taylor's cheeks turn bright pink as Karlie tickles her and nibbles at her neck and chest.

"Everything about you is so soft, baby", Karlie hisses, Taylor giggling like a child underneath her.

"Karlie, I can't take it!"

Taylor throws her head aside and buries it into her pillow. Karlie then slides her naked body along Taylor's and kisses her nose, resting on her chest to look into her shining eyes. Taylor, out of breath, beams up at her strange lover and they stay like this for a while; just taking each other in, every detail, every freckle and crease. Green eyes on blue.

"You know, you're so strong?", Taylor says, a sleepy croak in her throat.

"Vampire thing. You know, you're so verbal?", Karlie replies. She is met with a curious expression and then elaborates. "Oh, wow, oh, Karlie, ugh!"

Taylor makes a shocked face and then uses her pillow to strike at Karlie's head. But the vampire continues to mock her, "And then you don't even say anything when you finish! You're such an anticlimax, Taylor". Karlie is now the one laughing like a fool as Taylor kneels over her and sends the pillow down upon her pleading arms. "Hey, it's not my fault I'm so phenomenal you run out of steam".

"Well, you're insane", Taylor counters.

"Excuse me?"

"How many times did you ask me to slap your—"

"Woah, okay, heh heh... No need to get into that", Karlie blushes, clutching hard onto Taylor's pillow so that she isn't assaulted again.

"Bite me, Taylor! Call me a bad girl, Taylor!", Taylor yells, teasingly.

"Sweet Luc, stop", Karlie groans, pulling the pillow over her scarlet face.