The Battle Of Opal

Before This Chapter: RIP –
Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 – Stanley Almodovar III, 23 – Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 – Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 – Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 – Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 – Luis S. Vielma, 22 – Kimberly Morris, 37 – Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30 – Darryl Roman Burt II, 29 – Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32 – Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21 – Anthony Luis Laureanodisla, 25 – Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35 – Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50 – Amanda Alvear, 25 – Martin Benitez Torres, 33 – Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37 – Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26 –Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35 – Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25 – Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31 – Oscar A. Aracena-Montero, 26 – Enrique L. Rios, Jr., 25 years old –Miguel Angel Honorato, 30 years old – Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40 years old – Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32 years old – Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19 years old – Cory James Connell, 21 years old – Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37 years old – Luis Daniel Conde, 39 years old – Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33 years old – Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25 years old – Jerald Arthur Wright, 31 – Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25 –Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25 – Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24 – Jean C. Nives Rodriguez, 27 –Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, 33 – Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49 – Yilmary Rodriguez Sulivan, 24 – Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 – Angel L. Candelario-Padro, 28 – Frank Hernandez, 27 – Paul Terrell Henry, 41.

We deserve love. We deserve so much love. Rest easy.

~*~

Warning: violence.
-

Taylor's feet are sore against the leather of her combat boots as she races through the woods to the Opal Mountains highest peak. Her friends are close behind her. The Haim sisters are howling and snarling as they race alongside their leader, their chosen one. Many of the vampires have taken to the air, wings spread into a dark shield above Taylor's head. She can feel her powers radiating from her flesh as each footstep hits the dry ground.

"We should make it to the top in fifteen if we're quick enough", Karlie calls down to her mate.

"Got it. Check the rear ranks, we can't lose any time", Taylor instructs.

The group move themselves like an ocean, a giant wave of perfectly coordinated movement. Taylor knows in her heart that if she dies today, she'll die protecting what was hers. Nothing can stop the burdened pain in her chest. The sadness and grief inside of her desperately pleads to be let out in a dramatic series of sobbing and tears. But Taylor has to be strong now. She knows she is capable of doing impossible things. As she runs it feels as though the earth is moving beneath her, and she is merely letting it carry her to where she needs to go. She is the earth.

The mountain grows colder as they reach the top. The ground is frosty and crunches ominously beneath the many feet that tread upon it. Taylor's capelet flutters behind her in the icy breeze. Everyone steps back as she slowly walks forward, hands clenched into white knuckled fists. She focuses on herself and that same heavy feeling that consumed her the first time she performed this act takes over once again. She feels time slow down around her, everything moving at a sluggish pace. She feels her heartbeat speed up as her energy builds and builds until she can't take it anymore.

Red hot light rings around her as she unclenches her hands. The mountain shakes and rumbles. It's a warning sign. It's final countdown. Taylor is sure she feels her fangs beginning to bleed and spilt through her gums as she waits for the vibrations to subside. Sure enough a glob of black blood leaks from the corner of her mouth. She lets it fall. She likes the taste. Keeping her eyes ahead, Taylor removes her capelet and throws it aside. She instructs the vampires to stay airborn and for the werewolves to get into their mass attack formation. Este brushes her head against Taylor's hand before positioning herself. Alana licks her face. And Danielle gives her a meaningful yellow eyed stare before treading away.