The Last Straw

AN...Whaaat happened with the comments on the last chapter?? Did you like it?... Time to bring back the comment ask..
Song: Does He Know How Lucky You Are - Keaton Henson
-
Warning: extreme violence.

One month later

Taylor stares a herself in the full length mirror. She's standing in the queensmate's bedroom, a place she has to reside until she is officially married to Karlie. The Opal Mountain palace feels so empty, even though the vast number of the staff and dwellers have returned to it. But Taylor feels empty. She's wearing a blood red dress that comes down to her ankles. It hugs her slim figure and opens out in a large lace collar at the neckline. The sleeves are short and puff out at the shoulders. She sighs, blowing the dangling curl of blonde hair away from her eyes. They've turned a much lighter blue than what they once were. And they glow whenever the moon is full. Her hair has remained a stark white and she has coloured her lips a deep crimson. There's a knock at the door

"Your majesty, your queen wishes to see you in the main hall", Este says with a smirk.

"Well, haven't you gotten the hang of being my servant", Taylor grins, rolling her eyes.

"Would you like me to run your bath?", the werewolf asks.

"Please", Taylor nods before proceeding to the hall.

Karlie is slumped in her throne, one elbow propped on the arm with her head resting against her fist. She's dressed similarly to Taylor, only her dress is green and her collar more larger and intricate. "Taylor, you're here", she smiles, suddenly looking less bored out of her mind.

"You called?", Taylor grins, taking her seat on the smaller throne next to Karlie's.

"Yes, do you think we should have the wedding in the castle or outside in the morning?", Karlie asks.

Taylor chuckles, "Wedding plans? You do realise we are in the midst of a battle?"

The brunette frowns, "I still want to plan our big day. How are your fangs coming in, by the way?"

Taylor opens her mouth to reveal two red bumps with only the slightest hint of fangs, shining in the chandelier light. They came in a few days ago, a black bloody mess coating the bathroom floor in thick stains. "They're still a little tender".

"Mmm, want me to kiss them better?", Karlie says with a devious grin.

Taylor eyes the guards facing away at the castle entrance. She is about to suggest they take this to the bedroom, but Karlie takes her face in her hands and kisses her anyway. Kisses with Karlie have become so important. Any day could be their last. Lady Gorse has sent them numerous threats; a raven with an ominous note, poison being thrown over their garden by vultures, countless Red Tail Attacks. She won't rest until the battle begins. Cara rolls her eyes on seeing the pair courting and clears her throat awkwardly. The two pull apart from each other, trying to somehow look like they weren't just hungrily sucking at each others faces.

"Yes, Cara?", Karlie mumbles, straightening herself up. Taylor is blushing.

"I suggest you two head outside. Red Tails have been scented a mile away by Danielle and Lanz. They seem to be traveling quickly".

Taylor and Karlie share a brief knowing glance and then split to change into appropriate  battle gear. It isn't long before Taylor has slipped into her pants that a rapid knock beats against her bedroom door. It's Alana, "Taylor–uh, your majesty, they're here!"