The Prophecy

Karlie scrambles away from the bed, buttoning up her shirt once more. She hurries out of the bedroom, Taylor following close behind. Karlie grabs her cloak and tool belt from the hooks in the hall and frantically prepares herself for fleeing the house.

"Karlie, I'm talking to you!", Taylor yells.

The vampire finally hears the girl's cries over her cloudy thoughts and looks up from her coat buttons, "What did you say?"

Taylor sighs, "I said are we really going to do this right now?"

Karlie shrugs, "Well, what else were we going to do tonight?", she asks.

Taylor blushes, lightly, "I thought that... Well, you see I... I just thought that-"

"Yes?", Karlie encourages, a ghost of a smirk shining through on her face.

"Look, it doesn't matter. What are- How are we even going to do this?", Taylor asks.

"Remember that potion I made? We're going to use that. Now change out of your dress, it's going to be a long night"

"But Karlie, what are we using the potion for?"

The vampire begins to grow noticeably frustrated. She groans and fidgets on the spot, "I will tell you when we get back to the Haim's, okay?"

"And what do I change into?", Taylor questions, holding tightly on to Karlie's coat so as not to let her leave.

"Dress like me, find some pants"

The girl grimaces, "No way. Besides, Desmond's clothes would be far to large for me"

"Then you can change when we get back to the cave, but we really need to hurry, Taylor"

After one final hesitation, Taylor exhales and puts on her coat to join Karlie. They escape into the night.

~*~

The Haim cave is empty when the girls make it back. It sends a wave of nausea through Karlie's gut. She swallows back her worry and warns Taylor to keep an eye on the cave entrance whilst she searches for the potion. Taylor anxiously peers into the silvery night, on the look out for a danger that she isn't sure of. Karlie had not explained what she was watching for, and so this made the challenge more terrifying.

"I have it", Karlie calls, reentering the den with a small bottle in her hand.

"Can we go?", Taylor whimpers.

"I can't believe you're the Chosen One", Karlie sighs.

"I'm the what?", Taylor asks.

"I'll explain later-"

"No, Karlie!", Taylor yells. "I'm tired of you saying that. I need to know everything right now. Right this instant"

"Listen, Tay-"

"I'm so fucking tired of not knowing what's going on! I'm scared. I'm so fucking scared and I'm worried about you, and for myself, and for everyone else; I want to know what's happening. Right. Now."