Chapter 1- Rejected

Annabell's POV

Heartbreak. That's all I could feel. I felt as if my heart had been ripped out of my chest and stomped on. The pain was unbearable. It was possibly even more painful than going though my first shift at ten years old. I felt like the walls were closing in on me and I couldn't breathe.

"Please don't do this." I begged as I started to hyperventilate. I looked at his cold blue eyes. His black hair fell into his eyes as he looked down at me.

"I, Nathaniel Blake Reynolds, future Alpha of the Shadow Mood pack reject you, Annabell Marie Cooper as my mate. You are to not speak to anyone about this, if you do you will be banned from the pack and will become a rogue." Nate said emotionlessly to me. His facial expression was stone cold but his eyes held hatred and disgust.

That morning.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I quickly sat up and turned my alarm off before it could wake up anyone and get me in trouble. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and got out of bed. Another day to live through. I took a quick shower and put on my undergarments, an oversized sweater, and sweatpants. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs quietly.

The Shadow Moon pack was pretty large, just over five hundred people. The pack house was very lavish, almost like a hotel. It housed single wolves, small families looking just getting settled in, and a lot of teenagers. Most teenagers lived here after they turned fifteen. Their parents would send them here in hope of them finding their mate. My brother Luke and I lived here since our parents and little sister died five years ago.

Today was out future alphas eighteenth birthday. Normal wolves find their mate at fifteen, the earliest. Alphas find their mate on their eighteenth birthday. As I passed everyone's rooms as I headed to the kitchen to cook everyone, two hundred people, that lived in the pack house breakfast I heard some people already up. It was now five o'clock in the morning. I'm normally the only person ever up this early. By the smell I could tell that it was all girls who were up. They must have been working really hard today on their appearance, hoping that Nate was their Mate. Hey, that rhymed.

I got down to the gourmet kitchen and started cooking. I cooked all the meals and cleaned everything. The pack house was four stories tall, not including the small musty attic, where I lived. Up until I was twelve I had a gorgeous large bedroom in my own house with my family. I was loved by everyone since my parents were Betas. When they died my brother and I were sent here. My brother got a large room next to his best friends, Nate, and I got the attic.

As soon as I was thirteen I was put to work. Since I had been cooking food for the past three years I was used to the hassle. I cooked five hundred pancakes, four hundred pieces of bacon, and fried two hundred and fifty eggs. I know it's a lot. Since the majority of people in the house were teenagers they all ate way more than other wolves. I finished right one time, seven o'clock. School didn't start until eight but I did have a half-hour walk since no one would drive me.

I heard people started to come in and I went and stood in the corner waiting for people to start eating before I did. A group of Nate's goons came into the kitchen first.

"What's up loser." One said as he passed by me shoving me. I just rolled my eyes and didn't say anything. I knew that if I said anything it wouldn't be good.

Put on your big girl panties and say something. My wolf growled at me. I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

You know what will happen if I say something. I told her. I'm still sore from two days ago. Apparently I looked at Brooke wrong, the pack slut, and she complained to Nate and he got two of his goons to break my left ankle and left wrist. It hurt, but I had gone through worse.