Chapter 9- Karaoke anyone? Hell fucking no.

Annabell's POV

"Um, so. Anyone want another round at karaoke?" I said awkwardly while giving a grimace. Everyone was looking at me with fear, besides Cole and Jason.

            "What was that?" Hailey finally said taking a step towards me. As quick as a flash Brad had Hailey behind his back and was growling. At me.

            "Get away from her." He growled. I just raised an eyebrow. Seriously, he does this after he sees me kick an alpha's ass.

            "Brad, I would never hurt Hailey, you know." I said slowly. Brad was still breathing heavily.

            "Brad, pipe the fuck down!" Hailey yelled as she hit his back. Slowly he let her come out from behind him. Hailey glared at him for a second and then went back to looking back at me like I was a hermaphrodite.

            "So. Karaoke anyone?" I tried to say cheerfully and lightly.

            WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO! I shouted to Jason and Cole. I saw them jump a little, not expecting that. How do I explain beating a freaking alpha! Most importantly how do I explain there being freaking snow during freaking May in freaking Arizona.

            Well for one thing, stop talking about karaoke. Cole joked. This was no laughing matter.

            Calm down. It'll be okay. Jason comforted me.

            We need to contact the Council. Cole said. I groaned out loud. The Council was so annoying. They were just a bunch of cranky old werewolves that were all men and thought women should be weaker than men. That's why they were sometimes hostile to me. I was a "little girl" to them. A little girl who could kick their sorry asses. Again, Moon Goddess. They need to get a woman on the Council.

            Fine. I said. But if they call me "little girl" one more time I will not be responsible for my actions. How stupid are they to piss off the Great Wolf. Stupid old cranky men. I mean you would think that after all the other Great Wolves were woman they would be used to it by now.

            "Um, I'm just going to go now." I said awkwardly as I started jogging away. They were still gaping at me and Brooke was just passed out on the floor. Her skirt was way too short. There are some things you just cannot unsee.

            I was looking behind my shoulder to see if anyone was going to follow me. When I turned back around I came in contact with a chest. A chest that smelled delicious. A chest that when I touched it made sparks go through my body.

            "Nate." I said in a monotone voice.

            "Annabell," He said softly. "What happened back there."

            "Nothing." I said shrugging. I tried stepping past him but he just grabbed my arm. I frowned at the stupid sparks.