Chapter 8- Cat's out of the Bag

Pic of Annabell ------->

Annabell's POV

            The next two days were okay. Training was getting better and luckily Brooke dropped out. Well, I don't think she wanted to drop out. I heard her and Nate fighting about it and Nate ordered her to drop out so she wouldn't cause any more problems. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her face.

            Today was Saturday and it was my day off from training and also my girls day with Kelsey. After I got dressed I went down to the kitchen to meet Kelsey. The kitchen was empty, except for Hailey, Brad's mate.

            "Hey." I said letting her know my presence. Her head snapped up to meet my gaze. She had been crying, her eyes and nose were red. I could still hear her sniffles as she tried to compose herself. "Is everything okay?" I asked quietly as I sat next to her.

            "No." She said bluntly as she sniffled. She wiped her nose, embarrassed. "I'm sorry about Brad." She said looking ashamed.

            "It's okay." I said not really knowing what to day to that. What was I supposed to say.

            "It's not though. He told me everything that he did to you. I mean, I love him of course. But I can't believe what he did to you. I can't believe he would ever lay his hands on a girl. I know he would never do that to me, but it makes you wonder. I don't know what to do. I'm not ready to talk to him, but I can feel his pain and it's killing me." She said as she started crying again.

            I started rubbing her back, my inner Luna was coming out. "It's all in the past. Brad loves you. You are his mate. He would never hurt you. I'm sure he is sorry for what he did to me. Don't let his mistakes in the past affect your relationship." I told her soothingly. "There's a reason that the Moon Goddess chose you two to be together." I smiled. "And I think I got him back the other day." I let out a light laugh.

            Hailey laughed a little at that. "Yeah, he was pretty embarrassed."

            "See, that's enough payback for me. All guys need a bruise on their ego every now and then." I looked at my watch, Kelsey should be here any minute. "My friend Kelsey and I are going to the mall in a little bit. Want to come?" I asked her. Her eyes lit up.

            "Sure!" She said excitedly. "Let me just go up to my room and grab my purse."

            Right after she left Kelsey came into the kitchen.

            "Ready?" She asked holding up a credit card with Cole's name on it. "Cole said to spend whatever I want, as long as I don't bankrupt him." She said tossing her hair a little. My eyes zeroed onto her neck.

            "Well, I see someone finally completed the mating ritual." I smirked. Kelsey blushed a little. "I'm surprised he didn't take you the second he saw you. I mean, how memorable would that have been. Right on the dance floor?" I teased. Kelsey turned even redder. "Oh, and I invited a friend Hailey to come along with us. I hope that's okay."