Chapter 16- The Bitch is Back

Nate's POV

            I was in the kitchen with everyone else when I saw the little girl that Annabell was talking to last night. Alexa came over to the counter and climbed up on one of the stools.

            "Hi Alpha Reynolds." Alexa chirped as she sat down next to me.

            "Good morning Alexa." I said turning towards her. "Where is your mom?"

            "Oh, she dropped me and my brother off here. She went to go buy food from the store." Alexa said as she bit into a bagel with ham that she grabbed from the plate of food.

            "Then where's Ty?" I asked her.

            "He's playing with his friends. He wouldn't let me play with them. He said I was a baby and only big kids could play with him. He's a big meanie." She pouted. She was really cute.

            Alexa and I talked a little more before she convinced me to play some hand game with her. It was called slide. It took me a couple times before I got it but I was able to do it. That's what I thought until Alexa started going faster and I couldn't keep up. I ended up messing it up. Alexa was laughing at me and making fun of me. I just laughed along.

            When we were playing I saw that Annabell came into the kitchen and went over to her brother. They talked quietly and Annabell looked like she was comforting him. I knew that I could spy on them, but I decided not to. But when I heard the word "date" that's when I started listening.

            "Now if you don't mind I have a date." Is what Annabell said.

            "Ooh a date? With who?" Luke asked her intrigued. So was I.

            "Oh well I can tell you one thing, she's a real cutie." She laughed.

            "She?" Luke asked bewildered. I was just as confused.

            "Anna, are you ready?" I heard Alexa say from next to me.

            "Oh there she is." She smiled. She walked over to Alexa, who was still sitting in her chair next to me, and picked her up. "Luke, this is my date, Alexa. We have a play date today." She laughed. Luke laughed along. I loved the sound of her laugh.

            "What about training?" I asked her.

            Annabell stopped laughing and turned around to face me. "I think we could all use a break." She said not meeting my eyes. And with that she walked off with Alexa in tow. I couldn't help but watch her ass in those yoga pants as she walked off. Man I wanted her. No, I needed her.

            After breakfast I went to my office to take care of some pack business. Ever since the Wolfsbane pack joined us the rouge attacks had stopped. I guess they heard who was here and didn't have the nerve to come back, for now.