Chapter 12- First love, but not last

Okay, some people are going to hate me after this chaper... Just hang in there!

Annabell's POV

            After the Council dropping that bomb on me I decided to stay for the week in New York. I had been meeting with them daily discussing my birth family, sister, etc. Ever since they told me they had all been a lot nicer. They pitied me, and I hated it.

            All week after I finished my meetings I would lock myself in the hotel room and just think. I would only let Jason in to sleep, but he slept on the couch in the room. Things felt strained between us.

            How could I have not known? I asked myself as I sat in my hotel room. How could I have not known that my parents weren't my birth parents? How stupid am I? I thought I was done being that naive little girl that I was. I should have just confronted them. I always had my suspicions, but I never wanted them confirmed. And I have- had- another sister! I failed her, too. Because of me both of my sisters are in the ground right now. If I had asked earlier I could have found her. I could have saved her. I don't even know her last name. Her first name was Dawn.

            I fell back onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I groaned and grabbed a pillow and let out a good, loud, scream. I was so stupid.

            "Annabell?" Jason said knocking on our bedroom door. I apologized to him, but locked him out of the room. I wanted to be alone. Our "good" friend Nate was in the room next to us, much to my annoyance.

            "I don't want to talk to anyone." I groaned as I sat up.

            "We are going out to dinner." He told me.

            "With Nate?"

            "Unfortunately."

            "Then fuck no. I've seen his face far to much these past weeks. It's been a shitty week and I don't want to see him again."

            "Annabell, for me. Please." He begged. Normally I would have given into him, but our relationship was weird lately. Before we were so in love and were always kissing and cuddling. Ever since we came here it changed. We were more serious. We didn't watch movies all day and relax. We barely even kissed anymore. The relationship felt strained, like we were trying too hard. His touch didn't relax me, or even make me happy anymore. He was a great guy, but it didn't feel right.

            "Fine." I groaned as I got up and got dressed. "Give me ten minutes."

            I brushed my birds nest out and got some new clothes on. I looked decently presentable, except for the permanent frown on my face.

            I slipped out of the room quietly and started down the hall. I was hoping that Jason changed his mind and didn't let Nate come. Of course, my wolf wanted to see him. She was howling for his comfort. She was just as upset as me.