Chapter 18- Only the Beginning

Nates POV

            The date went great. I loved just being with Annabell. I didn’t care what we were doing as long as I was with her. And I had to admit it was pretty funny seeing her so shocked at the end of the movie. I thought that since she had read the books the ending wouldn’t be a surprise, but I guess it was.

            It was funny seeing her ramble on about wanting Peeta to come back and for him not to die. I knew she knew the ending anyway.

            I didn’t want to drive back to the pack house, that mean that the date would be over. When we walked back into the house, hand in hand, I thought that it would be a dream and she would slap me for touching her.

            Once we got inside the house I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. Should I kiss her? No. Should I hug her? Maybe. I thought that we were past the awkward “bye”, maybe. Then, Annabell answered my questions for me.

            “Thanks for the movie.” She said as she turned towards me and glanced up at me. She only looked in my eyes for a second before glancing back down and looking at her shoes. “I had a lot of fun.” She said in my ear as she gave me a quick hug. It was so quick that I didn’t have a chance to hug her back. She let go of me and ran up stairs.

            I had never had any big physical contact with her, so when she touched me sparks went through my body and my wolf woke up. I mean, he was always there, but he went crazy. He wanted her. I wanted her.

            I tried thinking over my next move. I did not want to mess up with her, at all. We were making progress and I didn’t want to backtrack at all.

            Just go after her! Ryder, my wolf, screamed at me. Delilah is calling to me. I need to go to her. Ryder begged me. He was right. I needed to see her.

            I went up to her room and knocked on the door. It had only been a couple minutes since she went up.

            "Yes, Nate?" She asked sticking her head out of the door. I was just standing there, but I knew my eyes were black. Ryder had taken over.

            I pushed her into her room and stalked towards her. I wanted her.

            I trapped her onto a wall as I stalked towards her. She had no where to go.

            "Annabell." I said in a slightly deeper and husky voice as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed her up against the wall. I put my face in the crook of her neck and just stayed there for a minute. Annabell wasn’t that responsive, though.

            To try to get a reaction out her her I placed a small kiss where her neck met her shoulders. That did the trick. She let out a low moan when I did this. I smiled against her skin when I heard this and started to place light kisses up her neck. She wrapped her fingers in my hair and tilted her head so I could have better access. I was tempted about marking her, but she would have beat my ass.