Chapter 15- Play Date

Nate's POV

I still couldn't believe that I came in last in that race. And why did I think for one second that I could beat Annabell? The size of her wolf was huge. Cole's wolf was the biggest I had ever seen and Annabell was bigger than him by a good couple of inches.

            It was pretty amazing seeing Annabell with Alexa. It was the first time I had ever seen her interact with a little kid. She was a natural at it, as she was a rightful Luna.

            If I never rejected Annabell, would we be happy right now? Would we be fully mated? Would she maybe have an engagement ring on her finger? Even though she was only nineteen and I was twenty one. Would we even be talking about kids yet?

            Those questions kept on running through my mind as I walked back to the house. I saw Annabell up a head and walked faster to catch up to her. I could tell that she sensed me, because whether or not she liked it her whole body relaxed.

            "Hey Nate." She said without looking at me.

            "Tonight was fun."

            "It actually was." She said as she a little smile crossed her lips. "It's nice for my identity not have to be a secret anymore."

            "The pack loves you." I said not knowing how to respond.

            "And I love them." She said honestly. I smiled when she said that. I hope that the pack was better than it was a couple of years ago. But, of course she would love the pack. It would be against her nature not to love them. They were her pack. She was their Luna.

            "You were great with Alexa." I commented.

            "It wasn't hard. She's a great girl." She would be a great mom one day.

            "It wasn't hard because it came naturally to you. That was your inner Luna coming out." And by then we were at the pack house. I could tell that she was thinking about what I had just said. She didn't reply. She quickly said goodnight and then walked away from me. I went into the kitchen to get some water when I saw Luke.

            "Hey." I greeted him after taking a sip of water.

            "Hey." He said while he just stared at the counter. Something was off in his voice.

            "What's wrong, man?" I asked taking a seat next to him.

            "I don't know. My wolf has been antsy lately. I don't know what's wrong. It's like he knows that something big is going to happen soon."

            "That happened to me too. It started a couple weeks before Annabell came back."

            "You mean it might mean that I'll meet my mate soon?"