Chapter 1: Best Damn pick up line

"Hey, I'm leaving." I said to my boss, Christina.
"Have a good night, Faya." She said.
"You too."
"Goodnight." Milo said.
"Night." I smiled and walked out of the hospital. I looked in my bag for the keys to my car. I saw one of my patient's jacket. I ran back inside.
"Your off." Christina said. I laughed and held up the jacket. She nodded. I got in the elevator and it went up.
"4." I said. It beeped. Beeped again. And again. Then one last time. I got off and walked to their room. I knocked on the door.
"Ava, I forgot to give this back after I washed it." I set it in her chair.
"Thanks Faya."
"Your welcome. Get some sleep, big day tomorrow." I said. She smiled.
"Big day." I tucked her in. She grabbed my hand.
"Will you be there?"
"I can ask Dr.Marshal." She smiled.
"Thank you." I smiled again. I kissed her forehead and closed the door.
"Brenda." I said. She stopped.
"Yes?"
"Is it ok if I stay in the OR during Ava's transplant?"
"If she wants. Go home."
"See you tomorrow."
"Goodnight." I walked back to my car. I realize I didn't much groceries. I stopped at target. I walked in and grabbed a cart. I was still in my scrubs. I walked down the candy aisle. It was almost Christmas. Good thing it didn't get cold here in LA. I picked out some suckers for my patients and put it in the cart. I walked down the bedding aisle because i love picking out bedding even though I only have one bed. I looked at some grey sheets.
"Hey." A guy said.
"Oh sorry." I moved out of the way.
"No ugh, my ex girlfriend is here. Would you mind holding my hand so I look like I've moved on?" I was speechless.
"Ugh, yeah, sure." He took my hand while I looked at pillows. I picked out a few. After a while this was getting weird. Then it dawned on me.
"That's the best damn pick up line I've even had." He laughed.
"You caught on. I thought we would be here til closing." I moved my hand away and pushed me cart. He wasn't bad.
"So you work at the hospital?" I looked at my scrubs.
"Huntington." I say.
"That's just down the road."
"I just got off."
"So you ER trauma? OR surgeon?"
"Nurse for Peds" I say.
"Peds?"
"Pediatrics."
"How about Friday night?"
"What?"
"Great." He started writing his number on my hand.
"You text me your address and I'll pick you up at 6." He winked and walked off. This was just weird.
"Yeah, great." I said. I checked out and walked to my car. I didn't even get his name.

  I opened the front door.
"Hey Faye." Jenn said.
"Hey." I set the groceries down.
"Ricky here?" I asked.
"No."
"Guess what happened at target?"
"You got grapes!?"
"Haha."
"No this guy came up to me and said my ex girlfriend is here and he didn't want to look like he had sent moved on."
"Was he cute?"
"Hot! And I was like ok. We held hands for I want to say 20 minutes." She laughed.
"Before you realized it was a pick up line?"
"Best damn pick up line I've ever heard!" I put the milk in the fridge. She laughed.
"Your just lucky!" Ricky walked out of the bathroom.
"Really?" I looked at Jenn.
"My camera is set up did you really believe me when I said no?"
"What's up?" Ricky asked. I waved my hand.
"Nothing." Ricky had a itty bitty crush on me. He know that I know and I just make fun of him for it.
"I'm going to bed, be quiet." I say.
"Can I come?" Ricky asked. Jenn chuckled.
"Not a chance." I closed the door.