Chapter 51: One Day Closer

Being an army wife and also being the SRU is so hard because you don't know if your coming Home from work that day. You don't know if you will kiss your kids goodnight and you don't know if you husband is ok or if he's hurt or if he's in a POW camp or if he's MIA or KIA. You don't know and that is heart wrenching every day of your life. Everyday you wonder is he still alive? Is he coming home to me? To his family? Am I gonna see a casket with the American flag on it and be handed his uniform and ranks with his dog tags? but for me he thinks that exact same thing about me in the SRU. Today he came home. That feeling of his arms around you. The adrenaline. And six months from now he's gonna leave again and my heart is gonna be wondering the same thing: Is he ok? You have to have faith he's coming home, and that is what gets me through it. The Long years and the wait. It's all worth it the second you see him. You have built up all that excitement and love and it's all spilling out with joy and happiness because the love of your life is standing right there flesh and blood. He is alive and you are alive. You made it through another day keeping the peace.

Thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to leave a comment give it a vote. Love y'all! -B