Chapter 23: Lock Down

I woke up without Faye. Again. I'm sick of his stupid job. I miss her. A lot. Right now she's probably disarming a bomb. Or talking to a gun man.

The truth was Ethan and Adam both loved Faye will all their heart. But they didn't know how to tell her or if they could live with the thought of their girlfriend's life being put in the line everyday. The SRU is no joke to Faye. It is her life and she is not going to let anyone take that away from her. Team one is her family. They work as a team to disarm subjects but they also support each other and care for each other. Sarge is bending the rules by letting Sam and Jules have a relationship. If someone where to find out and tell the boss Sam and Jules would be fired from their job and sarge.

Sam and I were cleaning guns.
"How's your leg?" He asks.
"It's been 6 weeks, I'm fine.
How's Jules?"
"Good."
"Team one in the conference room!" Sarge yells. Sam and I put the guns down. We walked in.
"This is Theodore Dilvitch. He will be evaluating team one to make sure we are suited for the field." Oh shit, Sam and Jules.
"You will take a polygraph and we will go over previous missions." Dilvitch says. I can tell already that sarge does not like him at all.
"Why?" Jules asks.
"Because of mission #4562." Dilvitch says. That was when Jules and I got shot.
"Faye." Ethan was here with lunch.
"You can't be here young man." Dilvitch says.
"It's lunch." I say.
"Team one is on lock down." He says.
"Faye?" Ethan looks at me.
"I don't know." I say.
"I'm sorry." Winnie says.
"I'll come back." He says.
"Can I call my wife and tell her I'll be home late?" Eddie asks.
"Yeah I need to call my girls." Wordie says.
"Yes you can."
"Hey Adam."
"Hey?"
"Team one is on lock down some old guy has to evaluate us. I'll be how a round 11ish."
"11?"
"Yeah."
"Wells shit."
"What?"
"That's late."
"Yeah well I'll see you tonight."
"Ok."
"Tell Ethan I'm sorry."
"Ok." I hung up.
"I'm sorry I can't tuck you in." Wordie says on the phone.
"Whoop whoop!" The alarm went off.
"Team one ready!" Jules says. We went to get ready.
"You are on lock down!" Dilvitch says.
"This is a mission!" Sarge yells at him.
"And you are on lock down."
"Team 4 ready?"
"We got it Winnie." Ted says.
"You will both be evaluated individually. You will have field training. Braddock your first." Dilvitch says.
"It's gonna be ok." I say to Jules.
"I'm totally going down." She says.
"No you're not. Sam is not going to let that happen." He hugged me.
"Dilvitch is evil. He does everything he can to make sure we don't pass."
"Shit."
"Change in to your PE uniform." Sarge says. The conference room went on lock down. My phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey Faye, Gloria just went into labor." Tucker says.
"I'll Try to leave."
"Ok. I'm gonna be a dad!"
"I'll call you later." I hung up.
"Winnie I have to go."
"You go and Dilvitch will make sure you don't walk back in this building."
"My brothers wife is in labor!"
"I don't make the rules." I put my hands on my head.
"What's wrong?" Eddie asks.
"My brothers about to be a dad."
"Yeah my wife is pregnant too."
"How many girls you got Wordie?" I ask.
"3." He smiled.

"Dylan you're up!" Our field instructor says. I walk inside.
"Dilvitch." I say.
"Dylan take a seat."
"What's your full name?"
"Faya Marie Dylan."
"Ok. Do you have sexual relations with anyone of this team?"
"No sir."
"Ok. Can you explain the 4562 case?"
"We got a call about at 10 am about a robbery..." I went on.
"Did you know that Sam Braddock and Jules Callahan were having sexual relations?" I gulped.
"Yes."
"Did you know one of the hostages?"
"I knew two of them."
"Was the protocol of life used correctly?"
"Yes."
"Did you follow all of your orders?"
"Yes."
"So in situation where mr. Slade was trying to stay you were going to let him but then Sarg told you he couldn't if you wanted to Come out alive. Is that true?"
"No I knew the protocol of life had to be used and in that situation I was going to make him leave."
"Ok." He jotted something down.
"How do you like team one?"
"I love it."
"Is there anything you feel that we should talk about?"
"Yeah why the hell are we on lock down?"
"So I can evaluate you."
"My brother is about to be a father. I would like to see my nephew."
"We're getting there. I still need to evaluate Edward. Is there anything that sergeant Parker has told you to do that you felt uncomfortable doing?"
"No."
"So in case 4397 when he called Scorpio and you pulled the trigger and shot the subject, did you think that Sargent Parker could have talked him out of killing the boy?"
"No I felt the solution was the best for that situation."
"I'm going to read some words tell me the first thing that comes to mind.
"Scorpio."
"Solution."
"Protocol of life."
"Sa-"
"Finish."
"Sam and Jules."
"Sargent Parker."
"Boss."
"Wordie."
"Father."
"Eddie."
"Brave."
"Sam."
"Courageous."
"Jules."
"Friend."
"Adam." I didn't say anything.
"Funny how that works." He says.
"Spike."
"Scarlatti."
"SRU."
"My career."
"Team one."
"Family."
"Ethan." I gritted my teeth. He laughed.
"Huntington hospital."
"Shot."
"Ok that's all." I took off the stupid polygraph stuff.
"Last one." He says.
"Faya."
"Saving lives in California on a daily basis all while risking her life for yours." I threw the thing at him.
"I'm going to see my nephew."
"If she is going I'm going my wife is in labor!" Eddie says.
"We are not done Eddie."
"Dilvitch!" Sargent yells.
"He hasn't been evaluated."
"I am NOT missing my daughter birth!" Eddie walked Into the conference room.
"I would like to let you leave but I can't." Winnie says.
"I know."

We all sat in the conference room.
"I have made my decision. Sargent Gregory Parker is not suited to be your Sargent. Sam Braddock and Jules Callahan will be placed on separate teams. Wordie is not suited for the field, medically. Faya is still new and does not know how to save lives. Michelangelo (spike) shows good work but can not shoot well in order to save lives Edward has family problems he need to sort out." We all stared talking at once.
"I would sort out my family problems but you keeping me from being at my daughters birth!" Eddie snapped. Sam and Jules didn't say anything.
"Sarge do something!" I say.
"I can't." He puts his hand sip.
"Hey!" Jules yells.
"We work as a team better than any other team out there. We are not only a team but a family and I damn well know how the protocol of life works and its been just fine till you showed up. Our work is perfect. We love our team and don't want it to change. And if you don't mind Eddie would like to see his little girl be born and Faye would like to see her nephew." Well said Jules.
"Dilvitch can I talk to you?" Sarge asks. He had a grin on his face.

Sarge and Dilvitch finished talking. And we align into the conference room.
"I have agreed to let team one stay in tact but I can't let Wordie stay."
"Tell them." Sarge says.
"What's going on?" Jules asks.
"I have early stages of ALS." He says.
"Oh Wordie." Spike says.
"Maybe I'll go to guns and gangs." He says.
"We are gonna miss you." I say.
"Yeah." Sarge says.
"I'm sorry." He says.
"It's not your fault." Sam says.
"Go see your daughter." Sarge says. Eddie ran out of the building.
"Let's all go." Sam says.
"Let's do that." Sarge says.
"Dilvitch I hope to not see you again." I say.
"Oh honey I hope to not see you again." He smiles.

"Awe my gosh." I held my nephew in my arms.
"His name is Jorge." Tucker says.
"I'm gonna go meet another family." I say. He nodded and took Jorge. I walked down the hall.
"Milo where is-"
"There." He pointed.
"Thanks." I walked in and Jules put an arm around me. We just stood there as a family looking at Eddies baby. She was perfect. Absolutely perfect.