Chapter 2 - Waking Up

Ethan's POV

My head was pounding as I rolled onto the other side of the bed. Shit! This isn't my room and someone was laying beside me. I slowly turned my head around to meet the gazing eyes of that dancing air steward from last night. Oh shit what the hell happened? I don't even remember anything.

"Morning Cowboy, you ready for some morning action?" She was smiling at me seductively. "I think you've been saluting me for the last 10 minutes".

All I could think of was that her voice was so dam irritating I just want her to shut her up. What the hell was her name. I was blank the name Lauren had sprung to mind but it didn't suit those dark lust filled piercing eyes in front of me.

"What time is it?" I hazily asked.

She picked up her phone. "836am but who cares it's Sunday, lets go again and then I'll make you something yummy for breakfast!" I remember now her names Taylor, recognition hitting me like a brick wall .... Where the hell did I get the name Lauren from?

I got out of bed found my undies on the floor and dragged them back on. I reached over to the wing chair on the side of the room grabbing my pants and shirt. Quickly placing them on I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

"Thanks for a great time last night, but I've really gotta go". I gave her a slight nod and strode out of the room before turning back to her smiling. "Ssee you round".

"Prick" she whispered so softly, obviously hurt from my wanting to get the hell out of there as quickly as humanly possible. I didn't care, I normally would have left sooner but I was just too drunk and must have passed out.

Just before exiting the apartment, I raid the kitchen trying to find the medicine cabinet. After opening 6 cupboards victory and I take 4 panadol. Grabbing a glass of water I take two now and place the other two in my pocket for later.

Checking my mobile there's no missed calls or text messages but I'm left with less than 10% battery. I try calling Michael my pilot mate, knowing he's probably in the next room, hoping he'd be awake so we can leave. It goes straight to voice mail so I decide to get the hell outta there. I walk out of the apartment having no idea what suburb I'm even in or if there'll be a main road close by to catch a cab. I just knew this was going to be a shitty day.

Another fucking mistake. It's all I could think. I just wanted to have a shower the just feel clean again. This day couldn't end quick enough. How many times was I going to be finding my way out of someone else's bed. I couldn't even remember how I got here. As I reached the front entrance to the apartment I was happy that the block was on a main road and only 10 mins from work. I easily caught a cab and headed towards work so I could grab a coffee with a bacon & egg roll trying to sober up my dead thoughts.  

********************************************

Lauren's POV

I'd left Maya's house around 9am to get to work by 10am. I worked every weekend and Thursday night at The Body Shop at our local shopping centre.

As I was driving through the quiet streets my thoughts were constantly drifting back to Ethan. I was having flashbacks of his smile, eyes, almost tasting that kiss we shared together last night. He was a man of mystery and I was intrigued.

Most of the guys I knew were not manly. They were still boys finding their way into adulthood. There was an age gap of about 6 year which isn't a big deal by any means, but the guys I knew vs Ethan the difference was huge. He just seemed so confident, controlled & together. It was a huge turn on.