Chapter 29 - The Hen's Party

Lauren's POV

It's now just two weeks until Maree and Stephen are to be married. That meant this Saturday was the Hen and Stag Parties. I was so excited about tonight, we booked the private room at Reo's a Caribbean themed restaurant with a stripper and then we were going out to be a pub crawl at The Rocks then had a private booth in the VIP section of Georges nightclub.

The Stag Party was typically being kept a secret so we had no idea what they were up to tonight. Given most of the men in my family were going as well as Ethan I felt secure that Stephen would at least be somewhat safe!

We organised a bus from home to pick up and drop off all us girls into town. T was also with coming which was awesome because we hadn't caught up in ages. Since Uni was still on break it meant seeing even less of eachother and I was really missing her.

I was wearing the same outfit I wore to the AC/DC concert minus the combat boots plus my fierce leopard skin heels. Untamed hair and smokey eyed make up tonight was all about having fun. And boy that's what we were going to do.

It was 6pm and the bus was leaving at 630pm. T walked into the house I could hear her from my bedroom. A couple of minutes after saying hello to everyone that was here, she came into my room.

"OMG, I forgot what you looked like!" She tackled me onto my bed as we tightly embraced.

T looked super hot. She was wearing her black leather shorts, a leather black bra and a cropped leather jacket. Pete had bought her the outfit for Velentine's Day, she paired with killer knee hi stiletto boots.

"Girl, did you break up with Pete?" She shook her head. "Does he know what you're wearing tonight, you will not be safe?" We both laughed.

"Yeah, I figured if I was ever going to wear this outfit I'd be safest doing it in the presence of a bus load of girls. Plus how many of us going 60?" She made a perfectly valid point.

"Yeah about that. So, how are things going ....."

I never got to finish that sentence as Maya and Nicky walked into my bedroom.

"Ladies, ...... oh that's before I saw exactly what you were both wearing. Have some decency and cover up will you". There was such venom on Maya's tongue.

T and I were somewhat amused by her snickering remarks. But I really didn't care less she no longer meant anything to me. Her rude behaviour and judgemental opinions failed to scathe or hurt me any longer. Ethan was definitely rubbing off on me.

"Seriously Maya it's a fucking Hen's Night, we aren't going to bump into the Pope to be judged. You really need a good".

Maya interrupted T knowing exactly where her thoughts were going. "Tonight the attention should be on your sister Lauren, not the two of you. Besides both of you have boyfriends so any available men shouldn't be wasting time with the likes of you two!"

"Why don't you get... " but before T could finish her sentence, I was just finalising my lip gloss in the mirror.

In the most calmest I couldn't give a shit voice, I said "Maya, please leave and next time knock, after all it's the polite thing to do".

She just made a growling noise of frustration and walked out.

"Where were we?" I smirked at T, she just rolled her eyes. "Lets get moving the bus is probably here and most people knew it was a 630pm sharp pick up". I picked up a clipboard taking it with me. It had listed all the ladies names plus mobile phone details. We were making sure everyone came and left together. We had so many people to consider we weren't going to leave someone stranded because we were tipsy. Cab fares from our place to the CBD would easily cost $150. So the fact that we were paying only $20 return was a great deal.