Chapter 5 - The Call

Ethan's POV

I was just eating my dinner which consisted of pizza again, when I heard my phone ring. It was on charge at the other end of the lounge room so I got up from the table and made my to my phone. I didn't know the number but I managed to answer it before it went to messages.

"Hello," I said.

"Urm, hello, is this Ethan?".

Whoever was on the other line her voice was incredibly cute and sexy. The voice wasn't familiar, I had absolutely no idea who this was, but I was already intrigued.

"Yes, this is Ethan". There was nothing for about 5 seconds. I said "Hello," again just to make sure she was still on the line.

"Do you know who this is?" She asked cheekily.

"Well you could tell me and we can find out together," I was smirking. She was nervous, you could here a little nervous quiver in her voice and boy was it a turn on. She giggled.

Hesitating again she said "It's Lauren".
Lauren again that name, why was it so bloody familiar? I thought I better play along with this and try to ease her out of her nervous state and find out more about who the hell she was.

"Lauren, so glad you called. How have you been?" I asked.

"Well thanks Ethan". That was all she said and it went quiet. "So how was the rest of your Saturday night after you left me at The Fringe".
Ah, thank god, a clue. Still playing the game and unsure of who this young woman was I just continued on.

"Well it was pretty boring after leaving you that's for sure" I whispered seductively. I wondered how she got my number. I never gave my number to anyone. The deal was no attachments. It was only for the privilege few.

Only ever after months of dating a girl would she get my number. I always liked the control. I kept thinking that she must have been something pretty special. She called me after all so she must be pretty keen on me. Lets test the theory out, I thought smirking to myself, how far can I get with her tonight? I wouldn't mind a bit of action right now.

"So Lauren, where are you now?" I asked.

"At Uni just heading back to my car to leave" she sweetly stated.

I lived in the CBD so there were 3 Uni's which were closeby. UTS was literally down the road, Sydney Uni was 5kms away and NSW Uni was 15mins away. Maybe she could be my new booty call I thought.

I heard keys rattling in the background and thought shit Lisa's must be coming home tonight. I walked out onto the balcony.
"Lauren my friend Michael's at the door, I've now got your number it came up on my phone so I will call you back maybe later tonight or tomorrow!"

"Oh, sure, no problem, talk then Ethan, bye".

"Bye".

I hung up as I made my way back into the apartment.

"Hey Babe, how are you," Lisa said as she walked over then kissed me quickly on the lips.

"I didn't expect you home until tomorrow morning" I said a little shocked she was here standing in front of me.

"The conference was great but one of my clients websites malfunctioned so I need to go into the office and recode the scripts". She answered in her business like tone.

Lisa and I had been sort of together for about 2 and a half years. She was 6 years older than me and a very, very smart lady. She ran her own website company and was well respected in her industry. Despite our relationship we were never exclusive. We never talked about it but I never felt sexually content with her. She was my live in friend with benefits, not so much my girlfriend in my mind, but we lived together and we introduced eachother to others as our partner. There was no spark with her, as cold as it sounds she was just a warm body to cuddle up to when there were no other options left. Yes, I'm a bastard for saying that, but I couldn't help it. It was true after all.