Chapter 44 - Nothingness

Ethan's POV

As I was driving back home my thoughts kept drifting back to Lauren. I was going to be with her in a month. We'd be ok. But why did I feel so empty. We'd been with each other for nearly a year now in fact the day I was leaving New York would be our 1 year anniversary. So I planned to make it the best day of her life. I had a really late flight back home and I was going to plan something big and amazing.

I got home and headed for the shower. I could smell her everywhere. In my room, on my towels and in my bed. Nothing was going to get washed until I was with her again.

She had no idea what she did to me.

*******************************
Lauren's POV

I was chatting away with Alintro he'd come over to say hi. We'd be flying for 2 and a half hours now and I was sooooo bored. Whilst we were chatting away the lady next to me offered to swap seats with him and he happily accepted. We both sincerely thanked her as she stood up. Alintro was such a nice guy, we'd talked for hours about his wife, their new baby that was due in December, painting the house, doing minor extensions and even fishing. This was the kind of friend that Ethan needed in his life.

"Well, I never thought there'd be a day when I saw Ethan Lane settled and totally utterly smitten with a woman. You know, he was known to be uncontrollable by everyone. He was a real ladies man. Sure he also had his girlfriends but none of them meant anything. It appears that you've come into his life and have managed to totally rock his whole world. I'm so glad, he really needed you".

I was taken back by his words and I let out a nervous little chuckle.

"You know he asked me to keep in contact with you whilst I'm overseas in case things don't work out. He gave me his mobile. He cares and loves you so much". Alintro gave me a warm smile which reached into his huge chocolate brown eyes.

"I know I feel exactly the same. Trust me when I say it hasn't been smooth sailing by any means. But we just can't live without eachother. We're like magnets and when he walks into a room, I know he's there before I see him. I know the phone will ring before he calls. It's bizarre I've never felt such a pull towards anyone in my entire life".

I took my sleeping tablets and within an hour fell into an uncomfortable but deep slumber. A few hours later the sounds of trolleys woke us up. Breakfast was about to be served. I looked at the map on my screen and we'd already been flying for over 12 hours and would be arriving in Dubai in over 2 hours.

Once we landed there was not much time between the next flight. We were rushing to board on our connecting flight in time. Once we did I relaxed into my seat and waited for the plane to take off.

We had a 7 hour flight now and a few movies and a meal were going to make the time pass quickly. Or so I thought. But my mind kept drifting back to Ethan. His smile, his eyes, oh god his rock hard body. I was watching The Notebook and Ethan's proposal of moving in together was on my mind. It was like he was certain there was no one else out there for him and he no longer wanted to be a part. I know he'd lived with Lisa, but it was convenient because they both travelled and saved on expenses so I got that. But his proposal was different because it was the next stage in becoming his wife. I had a huge grin on my face.

My belly was mixed with emotions. Nervousness from flying, anxiousness from this whole modelling thing, anxiety because I was missing Ethan and in the end a feeling of numbness, nothingness. That's when I knew that we were destined to be together forever because being a part was causing me so much turmoil. Boy these next few months were really going to test our relationship.

          ******************************
Alintro and I parted ways as the taxi we shared dropped me off at my hotel. We exchanged numbers and he said if I needed a break to call him and we could get a bite to eat.