Chapter 30 - Seriously

Picture of Amanda

Ethan's POV

I opened my eyes slowly. I reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. I couldn't even remember last night. My head was pounding so hard any chances of me having coherent thoughts today were blocked out by the elephant sitting on top of my head. I had no idea where the fuck I was.

The room was really dark and I wasn't the only person in the bed. I looked under the covers and was grateful to see I was wearing my underwear. I started to slowly rise out of the bed making little to no movement to stir the person sleeping next to me. I wasn't even game enough to take a quick look back, I had a really bad feeling about this and just wanted to get the hell out of here.

I checked my phone to see where I was, there was a text from Lauren and about 30 missed calls with 2% charge left, I figured I'd get to them after I charged my phone. I noticed my phone had been switched to silent which was strange. I read my map app and realised I was only a few blocks from home. I quickly got dressed back into my slacks and shirt from the night before. I put my shoes on and was about to grab my belt when it slipped between my fingers making a loud clanking noise on the wooden floor boards.

Shit!!!

Grabbing it off the floor, I turned towards the door and was about to open it when a voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Ethan, where are you going?" Fuck I knew that voice. I turned around looking directly at the person inside the bed.

"Morning Amanda, I, I was just heading back home. Didn't want to disturb your sleep".

Amanda just looked at me knowing all too well I was trying to get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible. As she rose out of the bed she smiled at me smugly, she was completely naked, I dropped my gaze to the floor.

"C'mon Ethan, you've seen it all before. Don't act so shy. In fact, I don't think there's an inch of my body that you haven't explored. I had fun last night".

She came over to me and placed both hands around my shoulders. She then moved them to the back of my neck. We were looking into each others eyes. She tried to pull closer towards me in search of a kiss, but I resisted and untangled myself from her restraint.

"Don't". It was more of an order spoken so coldly, she must have been shocked because she immediately dropped her hands off me.

"Ethan, seriously?" Her voice was small, cut and showing the hurt. I needed to distance myself from her immediately, but, I really had to find out what the hell happened.

"Look, I have no fucking idea what happened last night and I really need to know before I leave here so please tell me Amanda".

She just looked at me with those big blue eyes of hers. She was deciding what to say or what to tell me. We were quietly starring at one another for almost a minute.

"Ok, ... Well a group of us girls went out last night and we bumped into your Buck's Party at The Orion. You guys had been drinking heavily for most of the afternoon and when we arrived it was around 630. At first you were a little tipsy and you mentioned that you were going to another party. Michael got wind that you were leaving soon, so he called a round of shots but then you guys all did like 10 in a row.

We were watching you guys drinking so much. Michael was relentless, he just kept the drinking coming out. Then you guys went into a private room for about 20 minutes. We believe there were strippers. You and a few others came out early but Michael stayed inside for ages, no doubt what was going on. Marriage will never change him that's for sure". She took a deep breath then continued the story.