Chapter 20 - Boxing Day

Ethan's POV

We woke up early and I text Marc to get ready as we were going in 30 minutes. We were heading over to The Spit where Lauren's parents boat was being moored. There was going to be about 30 of us on the boat and we were leaving at 10am. We were going to head early to get a parking spot and have breakfast at the marina cafe. It was one of the busiest days on the road as holiday goers were leaving the city. The waterways were also going to be crazy, anyone who owned a boat was generally on it today if they weren't heading off on a holiday.

We both shared a quick shower then dressed in casual attire. I opted for billabong board shorts with a white t and thongs. Lauren was wearing a string bikini underneath her blue halter neck sun dress with matching thongs.

We headed into the kitchen and Marc was coming out of his room dressed in similar attire to myself.

"Let's go," I said.

"Sounds good to me," Marc was excited.

"Lauren, do we need to give your Dad fuel money for today?"

"OMG Marc, that's so thoughtful. My Dad won't accept it but just offer him some he will be touched". Lauren was smiling. 

"Well, I packed an esky with alcohol and some dips and biscuits," He said grabbing the esky from the kitchen.

"Thanks Marc". Lauren said giving him a hug. His face was beaming, Marc was the kind of guy that never got the hot girl. He was friend zoned mostly, so to have someone as hot as Lauren hugging him right now would have made his day.

We walked to the car and headed over to The Spit. We left just after 730am and we arrived around 8am. We found a great parking spot close to the marina. We scooted out of the car and I noticed Lauren's parents pulling up at the same time.

"Hey Mum, Hey Dad," Lauren waved at them.

"Hello!!" Helene said happily. "We're so excited to have you all out with us on the boat today, it's one of the best experiences of your life".

"Thank you for having me, my name is Marcus I'm friends with Ethan," he put his arm out to shake Lauren's Dad hand then went in to hug her Mum. Marc ticked all the boxes, he was always well behaved when it came to parents. I played it more cool.

Probably cause I never knew how to behave, with Mum always working she really didn't give us a great deal of guidance. If we ever did something she didn't like, she'd just yell. So we lived in fear of her as children. She really didn't know how to parent, but she knew how to cope so we wouldn't miss out on those material things that were replaced by emotions and love.

"We're just going to have a bite to eat, wanna join us, my treat?" I thought it'd be a good ice breaker.

"Thanks Ethan, we've eaten already and we've got things to organise before everyone turns up so go on ahead and we'll see you on the boat". Lauren's Dad explained.

We made our way to the Cafe. It opened at 8am so we were the first to arrive. We took a seat right over the waters edge it was really nice. Boats, canoes, jetski's were all going past it was relaxing being on the water.

We ordered our drinks and food together. More people were now entering the cafe and sitting down. I noticed that a good looking kid around Lauren's age come in with a girl, he just couldn't take his eyes off my girlfriend. I could see that Lauren noticed him also when he entered, she smiled, she definitely knew him. He headed straight our way.

He was about 6ft2 with dark brown hair, tanned skinned and blue eyes. The girl was little against him she was 5ft 3, petite, a curvy busty figure with long auburn hair and grey eyes. She was pretty, Marc's perfect type.