Chapter 19 - Christmas Part 2

Ethan's POV

We were driving over to Lauren's Grandparents house. I met most of her relatives at her 21st. I quite liked her family on her Mothers side. They were good people.

I grabbed her thigh as she smiled back at me. She had the most beautiful genuine warm smile. It was the little things she did that made her different from anyone else I'd ever known. She was special, passionate and sincere.

We pulled up outside her Grandparents home and rang the doorbell. Her Grandmother opened the door and greeted us "Merry Christmas!" She was such a lovely lady her arms open kissing and hugging me. Her accent was thick and her English very broken.

"You a very handsome man," she said pinching my cheeks. "Come we have food, lots".

"Thanks," I was smiling, cheeks a little flushed.

We walked in and I instantly saw Lauren's Mum, "Merry Christmas Ethan!" She was kissing and hugging me. I shook Lauren's fathers hand and he embraced my shoulder with his other hand.

We were greeted by all Lauren's Aunties, Uncles and Cousins. It was nice we chatted, laughed and most of all relaxed.

It was pretty obvious the huge differences between our families. My Mother hardly acknowledged me, she was cold and aloof. We never had any sort of real relationship.

Lauren's family were loving, supportive and maybe a little smothering? They knew everything about each other and practically lived in each others pockets. It was hard for me to accept this sort of family, because I'd never grown up in an environment like it.

I was holding Lauren's hand as we walked down towards the water. Her Grandparents lived on a double block that went from street front to waterfront. The house was built on a cliff and there was a little sea shack down on the water with a long jetty.

We decided to go down to the edge. It was peaceful and loads more quiet. I was being selfish taking Lauren away from her family but it was also my Christmas too, I just wanted to be with her alone right now.

We walked down onto the end of jetty it stretch out for about 20m. We sat down and placed our feet in the water.

"What are you thinking about Ethan?"

I didn't answer straight away I grabbed her into my arms and kissed the top of her head. She was so cuddly.

"The difference between what you deem as normal on Christmas Day versus what I had to endure earlier this morning". I grinned back at Lauren.

"I figured this would be a little too much. But hey we haven't even gone to the big one yet, this is just a relaxed get together for us. I have always preferred the company of my Mothers family they are just easier, less complicated, less competitive, less is more". She giggled.

"When it comes to you wearing clothes in my bed, I couldn't agree more". I threw my head back into a deep laugh as she scolded me.

I pulled her onto my lap, caressing her arms, it was turning her on, she was full of goosebumps. It was so hot to see the effect I was having on her body. It made me instantly go hard. I wanted to have her now on the jetty. We were in the middle of a full make out session when we were interrupted by Lauren's cousin who thought it would be funny to wolf whistle at us. He was standing on the cliff, his whistle rebounded across the waterways.

Then he screamed out "lunch!!!!!!".

We both laughed as we got back onto our feet and headed up to the house. It took us about 10 minutes to climb our way back.

All Lauren's family had arrived now so lunch was being served. The food was spread out and it looked amazing. Everyone brought a dish and I couldn't wait to get started. There was so much seafood and salads. They really knew how to put on a spread. They even made marinated lamb kebabs they were so good.