Chapter 3 - Semester 2 begins

Laurens POV

The first day back to Uni was going to be pretty boring, especially without T. Tomorrow would be different as we were both there for the full 12 hour day. I didn't bother hanging out in the cafeteria all that much but by around 2pm I was feeling hungry. So I made my way towards the food area and lined up in the que. I had about an hour before my next tutorial started and figured I better eat something now before I pass out.

I heard my name being called out, I looked around and two strong hands grabbed my waist, as I spun around I wobbled and was a little out of control. We both started laughing as the two strong hands steadied me.

"Hey Mark, how was your break?".

"Not bad, managed to finally catch up on some sleep. How about you?"

"Meh. Worked every day and went out a few times nothing out of the ordinary," I replied.  

"Do you feel like playing pool, there's a comp on at 5pm and I need a partner?" He asked.

Looking into his deep blue eyes I always found it hard to resist this boy. He was the hottest thing on our campus. He stood about 5ft 10 with huge blue eyes, gorgeous dimples, kissable lips, smooth tanned skin and a fab body.

He did modelling and commercials for extra money whilst studying full time at Uni. But the thing about Mark, despite everything he was, he was humble and down to earth. He was grounded and was as beautiful on the inside as he was on the outside. For whatever reason and despite the strong physical attraction I could only see myself being a friend. "Sure, sounds good to me".

He was smiling widely showing off his dimples, my heart fluttered.

"What are you getting to eat?" He asked as he rested his chin on my shoulder with his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Just a small rice and you?"

"Oh I ate ages ago I just wanted to make sure you'd be my partner before any of the other guys asked," he smirked.

The one thing I was good at was pool. Not many girls played, but not many people had beaten me, so I had a bit of a reputation on the tables.

"Sounds like you made a good partner choice," I snorted.

"Only the best," he winked. "Nothing wrong with wanting to win".

"Lauren, you want the small rice with a scoop of curry sauce?" Harry the cafeteria server asked me with a big smile.

"Yes please Harry," replying as he handed me the bowl.

"$3 for you" he grinned.

"Thanks Harry, have a great day". I passed over the exact money then walked over to the side booths where some of our other friends were seated. Mark followed & took a seat next to me, we all chatted about our subjects this semester.

Mark left about a minute before I was getting ready to make a move to my 3pm tute when Daniel came strolling in. His dark eyes met mine and he opened his arms giving me the biggest cuddle. I'd bumped into Dan recently at The Fringe Hotel, the same night I met Ethan. He couldn't of missed me too much but that hug felt otherwise. "Lauren, please be my partner at the pool comp," he begged.

"Dan I can't someone's already asked me to be their partner!" I said gently letting him down.

"Who," he questioned.

"Ummm, Mark!"

"That's ok I kinda figured you'd be in demand, so I asked Matt who's running the comp if a person could be in more than one team and he said yes. So please would you do me the honour of being my partner? Please? Would you?"