Chapter 22 - The Chase

Lauren's POV

I woke up feeling really tired so I decided to keep my eyes closed a little longer. The room was dark and I was cuddling into Ethan. I felt him stir, he was spooning against my back and he was starting the day quite excited. A smile crossed my face, I knew within a few minutes we'd be at it again. He kissed the back of my neck and I instantly got goosebumps.

"Morning," I seductively whispered. 

Ethan started to trail kisses down my neck. I was wearing my bikini not sure why I don't remember too much about last night. He began to untie my top and kissed my shoulders. I was getting so turned on.

I decided to take charge and then I twisted my body flipping him onto his back and I was now straddling him but when I gazed down into his eyes it wasn't Ethan.

"Heath???" I jumped out of his bed tying up my top.

"Lauren, I thought you knew it was me!"

"Fuck no Heath, I honestly didn't!" I was in total utter shock.

"Ok, I'm not sorry for what just happened, but I'm sorry you didn't know it was me". He said.

I stood up and found my clothes on the floor managing to dress in record time. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"Lauren, wait, where are you going?" Heath asked. 

"I have to get my car, it's at Ethan's".

"Wait a sec I'll drive you there!"

"Heath, you've done enough thanks, I'll catch the ferry it's not too far from there".

"Lauren, stop, that's ridiculous let me take you, please, just listen we need to talk". He was so insistent.

"Ok, get dressed we'll talk in the car". I answered him back.

Heath got dressed and we were inside his car in under 5 minutes. Initially the car ride was awkward but we needed to clear the air.

"So Lauren, up to what point of the night do you remember?" Heath questioned.

"I remember the party being really big, I remember lots of girls talking to Ethan and after that I have no idea. Do you mind filling in all the blanks please Heath?"

"Ok, you had heaps to drink, Ethan was busy most of the night chatting to girls, it upset you as he was totally ignoring you then you went to the toilet and when you came back he was walking off with some blonde. We came back here after that and just before 12am the others arrived. You had a massive fight with Ethan and you told him to fuck off, which he did. You told him you were done and then threw up on the grass and I put you to sleep".

"Ok, so glad we cleared that up". I was feeling a little embarrassed about my behaviour. "So next topic, can you fill me in on this morning.....what the fuck Heath?"

"Well, I kinda forgot it was you at first, and hell you look really great from behind. So I was just went with it to see where my luck went!" Heath didn't give Lauren any sort of eye contact. In fact, his excuse sounded so lame.

"So did you drive me back to your home last night?" I was trying to figure this out.

"Yeah". He sheepishly answered. 

"So why didn't you remember I was in your bed this morning and that I wasn't just some random?". I questioned.

"Um, um, because I forgot". He was nervous.

"Really Heath, that's bullshit. I don't buy it. Tell me the fucking truth".

"Not today Lauren, it was an emotional night for you, you cried in my arms for most of the night. And now you're asking me about why I wanted to be with you this morning! Please no more, I just can't exactly answer that right now, it's already hard enough for me seeing you with another guy. Let alone Ethan. He had every hot chick on his arse all night. And he has you too!"