Chapter 24 - The Pub

Picture of Melisandra

Ethan's POV

It was just after 430pm, I was winding down for the day ready to take off home. My phone rung, it was a private caller.

"Ethan speaking!"

"Ethan, it's Maurice. How are you going man?"

"Good mate. What's happening?"

"Well, I think you may want to pick up your lovely girlfriend this arvo. She's been here having a long lunch with a group of very good looking men".

"Hahaha. If there's one female I can trust in this entire world, it's her".

"Yeah, she's a real good girl. You'll be surprised at her group of friends, 6 guys and 3 girls. All of them look like they could have stepped off a Home And Away set".

"Yeah, she attracts good looking people, haven't you figured that out yet?"  We both chuckled. "Has she been drinking at all?"

"Nope, she's had nothing, but some of the others haven't stopped. Kristos is with them so I told him to slow the fast ones down with two glasses of water between each drink". He sighed. "Also, Darren's band will be starting around 7pm tonight so just thought I'd put it out there".

"Ok, but don't tell her I'm coming. I want to see her face when we arrive. I'll organise some of the guys from work to come along and I'll just make it look like a coincidence".

"Sure thing, see you soon". Maurice hung up.

I made a few calls and organised to meet up with a few guys at 5pm. It was so tempting to send her a text but I stopped myself. As I was about to leave the office my phone beeped.

Hey Babe, are you still at work? - L

I decided not to respond, it'd take me 15 minutes if I left  now avoiding the majority of the peak hour traffic. 

"Nat, going to Maurice's", I said walking out the door.

"Oh, can I come with you?"

"Sure, lets take one car, it'll be way easier to park".

We took the side entrance inside the pub. I figured they'd all be inside the courtyard. When we arrived there were 3 of my mates downing beers sitting at a small table. One of them was Greg, he looked surprised to see Nat. They quickly embraced and he pulled back. She felt his hesitation and frowned.

I noticed Lauren's friend Mark at the bar. That caught Nat's attention immediately. Then Heath walked over to the bar approaching Mark. I think she was now drooling.

"Wow, there's some real talent in here today!" She whispered into my ear.

"Yeah, the sexiest girl I've ever seen in my life is sitting with those two guys". I pouted.

"Hmmm, lets play a game Ethan. You up for it?". Knowing my sister, I could almost guess what the game was going to be about. So I accepted the challenge eagerly. "First one to get a phone number doesn't have to clean the apartment for an entire month".

"Deal," we shook. "But, I have one condition, no backing out of this no matter what".

She just giggled. "Ethan, there's no reason to back down. I will win and in the process I get to make Greg jealous, I get a phone number from a hot guy and I may find a new play toy for a while".

Neither Mark or Heath noticed I was here which was a good thing. Nat got up and walked over to the guys. She was so flirtatious giggling, touching. It was fun watching her go. Out of the corner of my eye a gorgeous girl with long lush black hair approached the bar. She made her way towards Heath. He grabbed her at the waist, he snuggled her into him. He gently looked down at her and planted a kiss on her face. At first she was hesitant to respond but then she relaxed. Ok, Wow, I think I just witnessed their first kiss together. They broke off both smiling, they theny walked back towards the courtyard hand in hand.