8. HollyWood Ball (Part 1)

Angelo looked at Francesco's latest victim. The poor soul destined to meet a gruesome end was tied up and bloodied" kneeling on the floor begging for mercy to the amusement of Francesco.

Angelo couldn't believe how Francesco was carrying out his criminal activities in a public place like a hotel so freely with no fear of crossing paths with the law. He dared deal with his business in a hotel room. But of course, it seemed like he was untouchable.

Francesco was relaxed sitting on a sofa drinking his vodka and laughing at the pleas and cries of his victim. His guards were motionless standing around the room as they would have done if they were at the compound. What also bothered Angelo was the lack of emotion from those around the room. There were total passive expressions. Angelo seemed like the only one with a frown and looking saddened by what he was witnessing. The man was condemned to death and there was nothing him or anyone could do.

Angelo swallowed hard as he saw Francesco getting up and circling the kneeling man on the floor. Francesco spoke while sipping from his drink " So you think you can come to my territory and spy on my organisation for your boss with no consequences. Do you? Lets try again. What was your business sneaking around my territory? The Voltolini family are only based in Verona and Milan. They don't ever mess with their rivals in America. Why would they send anyone all the way here? What is their big plan?"

The man shakily spoke while wincing from pain "I am not a spy. I swear. I don't know what you are referring to?"

Francesco spoke "Tsk. Tsk. Wrong answer. You actually think you can fool me. Don't you? I know all about you. I have read your reports held by police, Albano Agostini. You are an international spy who can speak 7 languages. You spy for the highest bidder of your services. I wonder how much you got paid to spy on me." He then smashed his glass on the man's head making him fall backwards while tied up. He then shouted orders "Tie him up to the chair. Lets see he becomes more talkative when he gets a taste of some real torture."

Albano was dragged to a seat and strapped to a chair, he spoke quickly "Please. I am not a spy."

Francesco shook his head "You are not a very convincing liar." He then turned to Antonio "What do you think? He thinks he can lie to a Rosario and get away so simply. Should we get his wife Antonio? I think he would be more talkative if his wife is brought in here. Should we bring her in from next door."

Antonio was about to answer when Albano's agonising voice interrupted. He didn't sound so confident now. He spoke nervously "I beg you. Not my wife. I tell you everything you need. I confess I came here to spy but I swear I found nothing. My boss paid me to spy on you to find a weakness. I didn't find anything worth reporting. I was caught just as I located you and your men at this hotel. Please have mercy on my wife. I didn't report anything back to my Voltolini family. I swear. I just needed the money so I took what they offered. No one else wanted to come to your territory except me."

Francesco laughed bitterly "Not good enough." He then picked up a half filled bottle of vodka and walked to the man who was now tied to a chair and poured what was left in the vodka bottle over the man's head making him scream as alcohol made his wounds sting making him cry hard.

Francesco spoke firmly "It stings. Doesn't it? After I am done with you, this stinging feeling on your wounds would be like a kiss from your wife. You will talk after I am done with you. You will reveal everything."

The man sounded desperate. "I told you everything. I swear. What more can I tell you?"

Francesco looked at the man who was weeping hard and grabbed his neck "Tell me one thing that's worth hearing and then I might show you some mercy. You came over hear to find my weakness. Did you find it? Tell the truth."