45. A Thanksgiving (Part 9)

Francesco was taking sips from his glass of wine as he was leaning against his desk in his standing position staring at Angelo in silence. Angelo was restrained to a hook hung from the ceiling by handcuffs as his foot was barely touching the ground. He had been in this position for a while and his arms were hurting. He was looking away anywhere but at Francesco awaiting his boss's words.

Francesco was contemplating what to do to Angelo. Angelo's presence in the room made Francesco want to draw blood. He wanted to hurt Angelo so badly but he had promised her he wasn't going to touch him. He had promised Adele that he wasn't going to hurt Angelo. A decision that he never thought he would make when dealing with any traitor.

Angelo was waiting for Francesco's verdict. He was looking on the floor and hoping that his agony was going to be over soon. Indeed Francesco was taking his time. Francesco had returned from the wine cellar after having a conversation with Arturo and he was now having wine slowly. In fact Francesco was taking his time even though he could guess Angelo's arms were now numb and his body was in pain since only his toes were supporting his weight and not letting his wrists to be cut open by the hand cuffs.

Francesco eventually finished his wine and then slowly he walked to Angelo.

Francesco stood in front of Angelo and grabbed his neck turning his head towards him. He spoke roughly " Do you know why you are alive? Do you??"

Angelo didn't want to aggravate Francesco so he nodded " Yes boss.... It was Adele..."

Francesco squeezed his neck slightly making Angelo wince in pain. He spoke coldly " Don't say her name in front of me. When I hear your worthless tongue mentioning her, it makes me want to cut your tongue. So, just like anyone else you will address her as Mrs Rosario in front of me or in this mansion. It seems like you have forgotten the rules." then without letting go of his neck, Francesco pulled his other hand backward and balled it into a fist. He then punched Angelo's stomach and watched in satisfaction as Angelo closed his eyes from pain and groaned.

Francesco let go of him and took a step backward from him " Open your eyes and look at me when I address you right now " I didn't even punch you properly. Look up and listen carefully. I am not going to repeat myself again. Now. Look up.."

Angelo opened his eyes and to Francesco's surprise he had tears in his eyes. " Yes boss."

Francesco sighed. Angelo needed some fitness lessons. He was so fragile and weak. But again he was a physician, not a man of action. He could get away with being weak. Francesco put his hands behind his back " You are learning to respond quick. Now you are right. I let you live because of Adele. Since the woman I love happens to be your sister you get to live. Only because of her I am not killing you. Neither am I going to torture you physically. You also won't suffer mental torture since Anna has agreed to save you from suffering by marrying a man of my choosing."

Angelo closed his eyes shut guilt getting to him. It was all his fault.

Francesco stepped closer and pulled his fist backward and punched Angelo in the stomach again, making him shout in pain as he kept his eyes shut.

Francesco took a step backward and put his hands behind his back " I gave you a simple order Angelo. Don't ignore it. Open your eyes and look at me. "

Angelo opened his eyes and looked at Francesco as tears were running down his face from the pain. Francesco sure knew how to aim and deliver a punch. This was pain he had experienced days before too. The bandages on his stomach were still there. He remembered by some miracle, Francesco had stopped punching after a few times he had hit in his stomach. He was now certain when it was all to do with Adele if it wasn't so obvious to him before.