47. A Thanksgiving (Part 11)

Anna couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was staring at Arturo with a shocked expression.

Arturo took a step away from Anna and looked at his watch "We have been here a while. I think we should get back. As much as I want to get you back for slapping me, now this is not the time or place. I think when I take you tonight to my ship, we could have a long night when I show you the side of me when you act unruly."

Anna took a step towards Arturo "Hold on. Who are you calling unruly? Actually, I would like to show you what I do to you if you get too egoistic. You are a jerk. You are acting like a jerk and the scary part is that you don't know it yet."

Arturo raised an eyebrow "What did you just call me?"

Anna spoke "You heard right. Jerk."

Arturo took a step closer to Anna and was now in her space. He was looking down at her with eyes filled with rage. He gritted his teeth "You are pushing it Anna. Be careful. If you say the word jerk one more time I will make you regret it, right here, right now."

Anna held his stare and didn't cower away like how Arturo wanted. Most other girls would have looked away and apologised. But not her. Her parents had raised her to be a free spirit and no one was going to push her down. She pointed her finger at Arturo's chest. "Why do you think I called you that word?" She didn't say jerk again. She was not totally fearless when it came to Arturo. She knew he kept his word and never made empty threats. She carried on as she cleared her throat " Firstly, instead of saying to me that you are taking me to the ship, if you used the word "invitation" there somewhere in your sentence, maybe I would have taken that word back. But no, you had to take the choice away. Here is a word of advice for you, I don't respond to force. If you want to ask me on a date, or a dance or a sleep over at your ship, then you must ask me nicely. Invite me instead of telling me. Now try again. I like my man to treat me with respect."

Then Anna saw the change in Arturo's expression. He gave her a mischievous smile and with his rageful eyes, it didn't match. He looked menacing and it made Anna take a step backwards.

Arturo pointed his finger at Anna "You called me "your man". At last you are giving in." He then again took another step towards Anna and she found herself hitting a wall behind her as she retreated.

Anna put her hands on his chest and spoke "I haven't even finished, my man." She then saw his smile getting wider. She bit her lip " You like this word. Damn you. Never mind. I am not giving up. Arturo snap out of it. We need to talk. Don't look at me like that."

Arturo grabbed her wrists and held them in his hands as he leaned close brushing his lips against hers " Like what? Like I want you so badly. Like I cant wait to taste your lips. I hate it when you keep me waiting. I really do. You have kept me waiting too long. You have made me chase you too long. Now, I am done running after you. I would commit to extremes if I don't have you. You must choose me. Don't choose Ambrogio or Alessio. They don't deserve you. Only I deserve you. You are a rare woman Anna. I need you. I cant have anyone but you. Francesco told me he has given an ultimatum to marry. If you choose a Voltolini, it means war. First i would go ahead with my plan to go after the Voltolinis alongside the Marcianos. Then its the turn of Rosarios if they don't hand you over to me."

Anna gasped "Have you ever heard of free will. What if I don't want you? What if I say no? You cant possibly declare war on Rosarios for my choices."

Arturo nodded and narrowed his eyes "You are right. Absolutely right. I wouldn't have to do that. It sounds crazy since I know you will have no problem coming with me. I know you want me Anna. I can feel it. But I know you enough to expect anything from you. You are fully capable of fighting in the most unorthodox ways and unusual methods. You would marry a man you wouldn't love, just to fight for what you feel is right. Your power and your will has no limits and bounds."