67. Enduring His Presence

Francesco couldn't believe the nerve of his father. Francesco was staring at his father with a hateful glare as he was shaking his head "You don't know the meaning of remorse. Drop the act. I am not interested in your excuses. Do I look like I am keen to hear you saying sorry or not? You dare look right at me and say that you are sorry. Saying sorry will not make me forget how you brutally ripped apart our family. I am not interested in any excuses about why you did what you did. It doesn't make a difference. Your excuses and your apologies do not change anything. Now if you would excuse us, we have to get to dinner. I wish to have no part of this dinner table but that is what the Don wishes. I just have to endure your presence." He then side stepped his father hand in hand with Adele.

Adele then found herself being led away by Francesco to the mansion as she felt Paulo's stare on them as he watched them walk away.

Paulo spoke " I am surprised you held yourself back for so long and haven't claimed her as yours. I have no doubt you can endure me since you endured being away from her for ten years. I am counting the days to your wedding. I will make sure I will be there to watch you become me. You will see if you will be taking actions differently if you were faced with my situations."

Francesco balled his hand into fists and stopped walking. He turned around facing his father that was afew meters away " I am counting the days to your funeral. I will make sure both Adele and I can make it to your funeral when the time comes."

Paulo spoke " She means alot to you. Doesn't she? Make her yours then. I think it is time that you do. The Don does not see her as a Rosario unless Adele wears a white dress in a church and says those vows. Make sure you do it before it is too late."

Francesco spoke "Do not pretend you care for her. You dare mention her name when you separated her from me for ten years...."

Paulo spoke "I do not care for her. But I do care for you son. I know if she dies, then you will not marry another. This family needs heirs. Make sure you make her a Rosario and have heirs with her before you decide to come at me for your vendetta. I am surprised you held yourself back for so long and have not officially claimed her. Do it soon. If the Don decides you are in need of a lesson by the time you leave, your woman will be in trouble if she does not carry a Rosario name."

Francesco laughed bitterly "I protect my woman unlike you. I will protect her with my life. That is the difference between you and I."

Paulo warned "Don't ever underestimate the Don. From how the Don sees it, he is baffled that if you love her, why haven't you married her? You took over along time ago."

Francesco sighed " All these years I wanted to watch you die painfully but now I think is not enough. You don't deserve to die. That is so merciful. Do me a favour and do not pretend you care for my well being. It does not suit you." Francesco then turned to Adele "Lets go sweetheart."

Paulo looked down at Adele "Is she the reason you are so hostile to your father? Has she turned you against me? The Don sees her as the reason you are being hostile to your father. The Don wants me to be part of your family's life. He wants me to be part of my grand children's upbringing. He wants you to bring your heirs to this place so we can all bond as a family. You will endanger her by your hostility."

Francesco looked up at him "Stop pretending you care for Adele and I. I can protect her. It is hard for you to understand because you did not protect my mother when it mattered. I do not wish to hear your fatherly advice. I don't think you will be on my guest lists ever and I do not think I ever will come to this place willingly."

Paulo spoke "You think you can keep away from me but you can't. I am part of you son. You will come to me one day and will accept your fate as a Rosario."