10. HollyWood Ball (Part 3)

Francesco was standing at the corner of the private section of the restaurant looking outside the window as though he was waiting for someone. Meanwhile Adele was eating her sandwiches slowly sitting at one of the tables in the empty room. The silence was getting to her. Francesco had reserved this room for her to eat in peace. But he didn't seem he was in peace. He had ordered the food for her and was standing at the window looking outside the whole time except the occasional times he popped out to speak to Antonio briefly and then coming back to his spot at the window.

Adele sighed and looked up at Francesco " What is going on? Why are you at the window?"

Francesco spoke without looking at Adele. " It's to do with my business sweetheart. I am waiting for someone."

Adele spoke " Can I ask who?"

Francesco kept his stare outside the window and raised an eyebrow. He smiled weakly to himself and murmured " Sweetheart, stop trying to distract me by asking questions that you know I won't respond to positively. You know me well enough to guess my responses when you ask me about my business related activities that I have no interest in sharing with you. Why don't you finish the sandwiches darling before I come over there and persuade you to eat." He then kept staring outside with a hint of a smile on his face.

Adele frowned. She didn't like how he was ignoring her questions. Whatever he was focusing on was top secret. She spoke " I was not trying to interfere in your business. I just was worried for you. Tell me what has occupied you."

Francesco kept his stare outside and spoke "No. Don't try it sweetheart. Go on. Have your sandwiches or I am ordering more."

Adele sighed and took a bite from her sandwich reluctantly. She then spoke "Well. I am also distracted. You haven't said a word ever since you have arrived in this room. What's interesting about the street? Tell me."

Francesco turned to Adele " I am almost done." He then looked on the street with interest and then took a deep breath. He then finally walked away from the window towards Adele. He leaned over and planted a kiss on her forehead and as he straightened up he spoke " Adele. I have to attend to this business right now. I want you to just wait a bit longer here while I go outside and attend to some business. I will get Costanzo to keep you company while I am gone."

Adele swallowed hard as she looked up worriedly "Francesco .... are you going to kill someone?"

Francesco laughed and spoke "No sweetheart. Not this time. I am just going to have a quick friendly chat with someone." He then bent over and kissed Adele on the cheek and without another word walked to the door. He left the room briefly and shouted orders to the guards who where keeping watch outside the door " Get me Costanzo from his room. Quick."

He then turned to Adele while standing at the door. He smiled sweetly " You look beautiful sweetheart if I haven't said it enough today. This dress looks great on you."

Adele tried not to sound sarcastic as she responded but she wanted to get the message to Francesco " Well ... You picked this dress. I was meant to wear the dress Georgina had picked from that French boutique catalogue but you said this red dress is more suitable for tonight. You said what she had picked was too short and said i will shine brighter if I wear this long dress. So thank you."

It seemed like Francesco didn't get the meaning behind her sentences since he smiled " You are welcome sweetheart. Any time. I know how to pick stunning clothes."

Adele looked down and sighed. He didn't get that this was no compliment. She preferred Georgina's dress. That girl had better taste.

Suddenly Costanzo entered as he looked at Adele and Francesco. He whispered " Good afternoon." He looked abit depressed and low. Adele knew something was wrong. He looked troubled and sad.